Dash LEDs

Chat about anything and everything.
Brayden

I still haven't found these bloody LEDs.  :evil:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Eamon

Sorry off topic but about the fuel Economy XiT

i can get 147km and use half a tank then come back (all highway driving) and the tank still will have about 7- 5L in it although the gauge will read just above empty i wouldn't recommend driving until she hits that line though, my worst nightmare is running out of fuel mid highway  .. my F8B is a bit low on the compression side though so you might be doing better. 
XiT

Thanks for the reply on fuel. I think I'm feeling up every 225km or so. Hard to remember where you start without a trip meter :P
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
Brayden

On the highway I get about 7L/100km out of the snot rocket, over 350km between fills. If I ran it dry I'd get close to 400km out of 27L.
XiT

That makes me slightly sad :p my economy is shit.
If you can't wish for more wishes, wish for more Genies
Brayden

I finally found the packet of LEDs. They're quite a bit taller than a standard globe, but the diameter squeaks into the factory cluster holes. Here's the ebay link:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161314654347 ... EBIDX%3AIT

They're not much brighter than the standard bulb, but interestingly because the inside of the cluster is green plastic (to neutralise the warmth of a standard globe) the LEDs throw a green glow. I'll probably disassemble the cluster and paint the internals gloss white to get rid of that issue.
Eamon

Im sure they whould be a bit brighter considering they are LED'S but it whould be interesting to see how they go when the cluster back is painted white.