St90 carry ute expert wanted

Chat about anything and everything.
St90Ute

Hey guys,

Recently purchased an ST90 ute, intending on doing a serious engineering conversion for street use. Would like to find a member with knowledge of the carry vehicles.

Effectively,

Front drum to disc brake info?

front suspension mods?

Rust prone area new panels availability?

I am effectively going to strip out the existing motor 1000cc, gearbox, tailshaft and diff, all working fine and all for sale.

If anyone is interested in making an offer let me know.

Thanks
St90Ute

Forgot to add I am in Brisbane region qld
TurboKat

What are you going to re power it with?
Krusty92

How much are you after for the motor,box,tail shaft and diff?

I've got a 76 Carry Ute that needs the lot
St90Ute

Krusty92,

Just make me a realistic offer, still all in vehicle and driveable at this point, will include radiator, custom tuned length extractors etc, gearbox cables and shifter, all mounts, etc etc.

Thanks
Brayden

St90Ute wrote: Front drum to disc brake info?

front suspension mods?
If you're putting in SK410 brakes you'll need full stubs/hubs and uprights. It isn't a direct swap and does affect the geometry of the front end.
What suspension mods? Coilovers? Custom made is your option. I've never found a direct fit. King Springs KSFL12 fit the standard SK410 struts but they're a bit soft. Ordering them with another hundred pounds (or two) in stiffness wouldn't hurt, depending on how hard you want the ride. Stiffening it too much will just increase rollover risk with such a narrow track width.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
St90Ute

Cheers brayden,

Do you know any members that have a sk410 to wreck? Finding it very hard to source any components for the front end.

Thanks
St90Ute

Managed to find a full sk410 front end struts, cross member sway bar etc., looks like it will bolt straight in. This way I gain a sway bar too. Brayden, can you pm me your mobile number so I can pick your brains?

Thanks
Krusty92

I have no idea what they could be worth. $500<$1000?
St90Ute

Krusty92,

I have no idea either, for what it is worth 750 cash for it all, suggest you come take a look first, car is still diveable at this point but won't be soon. Let me know before Sunday night if your interested. Will be listing on eBay/gumtree Monday. Cheers