(NSW) South Coast Cruise - 15/16 Sept 2012

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Well...
I am looking half seriously at coming. But.
From here it's a 1700km round trip; to partake in a 130km 'cruise'.
I have a small oil leak coming from I dunno where a.t.m. I'd need to resolve, and I'd much prefer to undertake such a journey with at least 1 other vehicle. i.e. If no-one from Melbourne is daft enough to undertake attending this cruise, then I might well not tempt fate.

But as it happens, I have already organised the Friday preceding and the Monday following the weekend as RDO's so that I can drive the 12 hours to get there on the Friday, and the 12 hours to get home on the Monday if all the heavenly bodies move into alignment...

If I don't get there, I have plenty of other stuff that could do to have 4 solid days of attention so the RDO's won't be wasted either way.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ToranaGuy

I'm considering it very seriously, but I need to get my boy running properly again. Yes it currently runs, but badly..... Had other things to deal with... I should probably also upgrade the gearbox to the F8b box I have in the shed, save the poor little f8b a few rpms....

I'm crazy enough to do the 1700km or so round trip as long as I can get it running properly. I better make a list & check it twice lol...

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

Anyone insane enough :crazy: to travel from Melbourne would be welcome to camp at my place Thursday night and travel the rest of the journey with me and Mel on Friday. :D

Don't feel obliged to make a decision until closer to the date, I'm sure there will also be spare beds in my cabin... which reminds me that I need to book one! :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Guys,
In the Albury cruise my kms for the weekend where 1600kms so it is doable and you know how much fun you will have. :D
gazuga

do it Tez.
i did an 1800km day trip to the first woolongong cruise and had huge fun.
dont be weak :P
Tez

Nah. Not being weak... :baby: And I knew full well when I posted about it being 1700 clicks that someone probably has been doing that to get to Albury already :lol: So I can't really use the distance as an excuse... Better see about getting my oil leak sorted then. :thumbup2:

Righto Jay... You'd better get your boy sorted too I guess!
Kev...Gav... What's the go with you two then...?

Six weeks to get sorted.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
nelpd96

For me it is going to work dependent so I will probably only know the week before.

Cheers
Paul
holk

I know it sounds weak, but I am thinking of hiring a trailer and coming up with a safer car
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

Don't worry - my fiance suggested that we do just that too. If I can get my tandem back, I can tow that up there behind my ford. Problem solved. However I still gotta get the boy running properly lol.

I hope to get a bit of time to work on it this Sunday.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
holk

holk wrote:I know it sounds weak, but I am thinking of hiring a trailer and coming up with a safer car
Scrape that! To put a tow bar in my wife's car VW asks $3000 :crazy:
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
RetroHatch

holk wrote:
holk wrote:I know it sounds weak, but I am thinking of hiring a trailer and coming up with a safer car
Scrape that! To put a tow bar in my wife's car VW asks $3000 :crazy:

My father has an Audi A4, Audi wants $6000 to put a towbar on. Because its a "special" towbar, apparantly it folds up underneath the car. No one else makes them...... He's thinking of trading it in now, hahaha.
Tailgating my Hatch doesnt increase the horsepower of the F5A
MIGH7Y BOY

We'll be there!! :) this will be our first cruise in the mb...only owned it a few months.
We're heading from sydney so we're keen to catch up with people and cruise down together if anyone else is heading from this way? can't wait guys :)
Husky

I've just booked accomodation at the park. So I'm now officially confirmed! :)
RetroHatch

MIGH7Y BOY wrote:We'll be there!! :) this will be our first cruise in the mb...only owned it a few months.
We're heading from sydney so we're keen to catch up with people and cruise down together if anyone else is heading from this way? can't wait guys :)

Chad and I are heading down fri arvo, we both finish work around 2'ish. So if we can pick up some Sydney MB and cruise down that will be sweet :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Tailgating my Hatch doesnt increase the horsepower of the F5A
MIGH7Y BOY

RetroHatch wrote:
MIGH7Y BOY wrote:We'll be there!! :) this will be our first cruise in the mb...only owned it a few months.

Chad and I are heading down fri arvo, we both finish work around 2'ish. So if we can pick up some Sydney MB and cruise down that will be sweet :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Sounds awesome, I'll get in touch and organise the details closer to the date :)