Albury Gathering & Cruise 2013 - April 19, 20, 21

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
killermule

Definitely keen to come along, even if it is just to look under the bonnet and inside some other mighty boys.

New carby is in and running fine, alternator seems to be playing up now but if that gets sorted ill try my best to get here.

A little far away to start planning is all, when you work for yourself you never know what could come up.
ToranaGuy

Don't worry man, I've got a bit of work to do to mine before the trip. Namely the carby, as well as an electronic ignition conversion. Then I'd also like to get my new gearbox & clutch fit, will just have to wait & see how that pans out lol.

There's still a bit of time before the cruise, tho I can't wait.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
CHR15 N

Before
Before
After
After
Less than 4 weeks to go!
I got my boy back from the paint shop a week ago, not 100% complete yet, I did a large chunk of the rebuild this weekend.
Tez

Hi Chris...
Yeah, from that last photo... Still needs a few finishing touches... :wink:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Tez

So I spent my weekend constructively... Hoping to 'scope out a new route for the main cruise, I decided to test a couple of theories with the one trip and so drove up to Wodonga on Friday.

I was hoping to use the Old Tallangatta-to-Bethanga Road as part of a different cruise (theory 1), but alas, I can confirm that from about 15 k's in, it becomes gravel for about 7 k's before the bitumen returns for the remaining 15 k's or so... :cry: :x

Didn't worry me in MY daily-driver 'boy, but might upset some other participants, so THAT road is out of the route! Bitumen ALL the way for MY cruises... :thumbup2:

We'll just have to use the Granya road over the mountain again... Damn shame that! :wink:

Looking to test theory 2, I found the access road to:
IMAG0518.jpg
And drove the 7 k's in (along another gravel track) - After the Tornadoes(!) in the area only the day before, the Summit was eerily still and the views were fantastic...
I decided to spend the night. I can happily report, that theory 2 worked even better than I had hoped:
IMAG0534.jpg
Unfortunately, I booked a cabin for this cruise (and have already paid for it), so I'll be staying in the cabin, and not my 'boy... But this opens up a whole host of new camping prospects for me... :thumbup2:
Tez
CHR15 N

Nice tray tent! you finally did it!

I would like to request less k's and more stops, we went past alot of 'lookout' signs on the last cruise, it would be nice to see something along our travels.
Tez

Hi Chris.
Thanks for the feedback :thumbup2: - I rarely get anything from participants, so it makes it hard to know if what I'm planning is what people want to do or not. The cruise this year will only be about 170 k's and will take in Yackandandah, Tallangatta, Granya & Bethanga before returning to the Caravan Park. (I had wanted to use the Old Tallangatta-Bethanga Road because of the views along the lake, but that's not going to happen because of a fair stretch of gravel mid-way)
There are several lookouts and places of interest around the route we can stop to explore.
Tez
ToranaGuy

Nice work on the tent Tez!

I've still got some work to do on my boy, hope to get a bit done this long weekend, then some more next weekend.

I'm still coming, either with or without the mighty boy. I'm looking forward to the trip!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Tez

Three weeks to go people :D

So far the list of attendees is as follows:
Booked:
Gavin & Kevin
Me
Kuzz
Chris & Bec
ToranaGuy

Maybes:
Brayden
Crazee
Killermule
Tez
KEVIN

Preparation for Albury :twisted:
Attachments
1364600938636.jpg
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
CHR15 N

What are ya doing? Cleaning the engine bay? :P

Whats the deal for this year, No Holk? Mr Anderson? Brayden?
Come on Sydney folk, get on board for a great weekend away!
Tez

I've spoken to the 'usual' Vic guys (those that aren't already talking about coming up) Ben & Louise have other commitments that will prevent them attending this year (worst luck), and Paride (Holk) won't be attending either, on account of some major a$$hole vandalizing his MB recently (Jumped on the roof and caved it in).
He is in discussions with his insurers, about getting it repaired, but is finding it difficult to locate a repairer who is prepared to take it on. Parry could probably do the work himself (He took a beaten up old MB and made the Holk out of it the first time), but he's up to his armpits with getting his new business up and running and just doesn't have the time.
I haven't contacted Jay yet - He did say he had booked a cabin some time ago, so I assume he his still coming, but I think he has some issues of his own to resolve too...
I know, by hook, or by crook, Gavin & Kevin will front up for the weekend, so they're a certainty :D

And either way, I'll be there (Finished servicing the MB only this afternoon in preparation :) ).

Remember - If you're enthusiastic about Mightyboys, Hatches etc... and DONT have your car running, you'll still be very welcome in another car... This weekend is as much about being a social gathering as it is about showcasing our prides and joys. Obviously, the more of the little cars we get turn up the merrier - if it's running, bring it - it doesn't have to sparkle (Mine doesn't!!! :oops: )

Can't speak for the NSW or the ACT crew...

See ya there - now only two weeks to go! :thumbup2:
Tez
gazuga

booked :D

no mb, just the family barge. but in anyway. \:D/
Tez

Way to go Mark! :D
Tez
Chad_

Anybody from necastle way going