RED HILL CMF & UTE MUSTER 13 Jan 2013

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Hey Kevin!
Thanks for putting this cruise together - It was yet another good day.

4 cars met and enjoyed the cruise out to Red Hill... Gavin and Kevin, Myself, Louise (No Ben - he was supposedly home attending to 'fatherly duties') and Paride and Claudio met us up in Skye for the drive.
Arriving at Red Hill, we were asked to park in a slightly different spot this year, but had all the gear onboard to make the day very enjoyable, so actual location was of no importance...
Soon after arriving, we had the cars arranged, and Gavin, Kevin and Paride set about "hoisting the banners", whilst I fussed about setting up an awning as a sunshade (NOT that the sun was anything like as fierce as last year!):
Img_8010a.jpg
About a half hour after we arrived, Ben rolled in with young Alfie, and Alfie immediately set about stealing the show:
Img_7996a.jpg
Img_8013a.jpg
Lunch was a casual affair; easily prepared on the portable BBQ Kevin graciously makes available whenever we get together for these sorts of day out...
Img_8007a.jpg
I see Manny tried to contact us this morning - (see post above) - Sorry mate! - you were a bit late - we were already on our way - Once we were settled, our thoughts turned to Manny (who had suggested he might front up) and so (not realising he'd slept in) we decided to ring him to see if he was on his way...
As we were packing up for the day, and about 10 minutes before we were about to head off, who should arrive? - Manny! - Better late, than never! :
Img_8014a.jpg
Having packed up, we elected to depart as planned, and left Manny to explore the Music festival and cars on display. The drive home was fairly uneventful, until we got to Hastings... As we cruised into town, suddenly Mighty Boys seemed to scatter in all directions! - Two peeled off suddenly at an intersection left, another went right, and I was forced (because of where I was in the traffic) to proceed straight through...
As soon as I could, I turned around and got back to where the two had gone left, only to pass them going the opposite way... all in all, total confusion!.
Suddenly, Paride and I were the only two Mighty Boys we could see - we weren't sure where the others had gone, so we continued on our way home. Some 10 minutes later I got a text to say that the sudden detour was caused by a poopy nappie of one Alfie Esq. which apparently demanded immediate attention! :D and as it turned out, we were now some minutes ahead of the others, so we pulled over to wait.
Paride used the opportunity to fiddle with his plugs and leads.. (his car had developed a bit of a misfire and it was irking him).
Shortly, the others caught us up and we continued on our way back to Skye where Gavin & Kevin peeled off for Kev's place.
Three Mighty Boys and Ben in 'the family car' continued onto the Monash Freeway, and eventually, Ben and Loiuse peeled off to make their way home by a more direct route, leaving myself and Paride to continue along the Monash.
I left Paride at the Citylink turnoff and proceeded North from there, leaving Parry to complete his run home into town.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
KEVIN

Another good day out, this is the 3rd year in a row we've been to the festival it does seem to be losing it's edge a bit but still a good event. Great to see all the usual faces plus ALFIE glad you made it down Parry (HOLK) & Claudio (hope you guys made it home OK). Sorry you missed it all Manny. Thinking what to do next will have to arrange something before Albury. Thanks everyone for making it a good day. :thumbup2:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Twinkee

Yeah it was a good day, but lost one shoe, mind u he has only had them a week, oh well. Yeah one poopie nappy and well world war four is here. You say the sun was not bad coz it was not out shining, but the wind was out... my head is red as my car.
What more can I say, I own a Red MIGHTY BOY
(2 speed auto 1988)
holk

Another great day. Shame the weather and the turn up at the festival wasn't as per previous years.
Thank you Kevin for organising and bringing the bbq: even the left-over pizza tastes better on the barby.

Louise, Ben.....Alfie is a real cutie :baby: . When are you going shopping for his own MB?
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Twinkee

Not just yet Holk, way way toooooo soon to start now he is only 6months old. Yes I know time flys quickly, but toooooo soon. :wink:
Thanks for give him a bigggger nap today, till that guys started his bike thing up lol. Oh well he is in bed now sleeping like a baby. Haha. Yeah we will all have together again soon
What more can I say, I own a Red MIGHTY BOY
(2 speed auto 1988)