[Victoria, AU] Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1st December

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

will bring the BBQ
Sweet. :thumbup2:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Tez

Djflex, PSIWagon, Peterg, Turbokat

For those of you unfamiliar with the routine, KEVIN graciously provides a portable gas BBQ so that if you provide your own meat there is a means to cook it. :thumbup2: - Makes for a cheap day out come lunchtime - if you're so inclined...
(He also sets it up, packs it up and cleans up our mess as well!) - Nice Guy!
IMG_6166a.jpg
Tez
TurboKat

Mmmmmm... BBQ :yum:
I may be a tad seedy :hurl: on Sunday morning, myself & 20 or so mates have hired out Heathcote Park dragstrip on the Satdy for our annual Thrashfest/Xmas party. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/ ... onditions)
& we tend to get on it a bit after the day's racing :beer: :alco: :x

I'll be bringing a mate & his neat Datto 1200 Ute (he likes BIG utes) to the meet point but we can make him drive behind us in shame like the Outlaw gangs do if you don't ride a Harley :(X :snigger:
Last edited by TurboKat on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carbonboy

For those of you who plan on attending Classic Japan this Sunday at Como Park, please take note! If you were planning to take either of the Citylink Tunnels as part of your route, you may wish to rethink that. Both tunnels will be closed for Maintenance/Re-Surfacing works from 9pm on Saturday the 30th of November until 9am on Sunday the 1st of December. They might finish early, I wouldn't plan on it so best to find another way, see you there!

For more information, please check the Citylink website here: http://www.citylink.com.au/News.asp
courierguy

Yep. I be at St georges rd meeting point.
Tez

5 Mighty Boys and a Hatch met up at St.Georges Road just before 8:00am to cruise into the grounds as a group.
IMG_9687a.jpg
A hot day and some seriously hot cars on display.

Peterg and his son Will joined in for the day in their yellow 'boy and several forum members wandered up during the day to say hello...
IMG_9696a.jpg
Craig became an instant attraction just as soon as he cranked his seriously loud sound system anything above 1 on the dial. :zzz:
People were taking turns at voluntarily submitting themselves for some temporary deafness and teeth chattering :crazy: - Hell - My teeth were chattering and I was 6 metres from the car! :D
All in all, another good day out. :thumbup2:
Tez
Arctic Alto

It was a good day (apart from the heat)

I was abit disappointed that there was quite a few that werent game to have a sit in the car.
But the ones that did were very surprised :D

Thanks to all the other TMB guys for making the event great. Has been tooo long since i last went on a cruise/meet up. And a big thanks to kevin for bringing + cooking the BBQ, And tez for bringing some extra snags :)
holk

...and these are some of the MBs siblings on show today.
small P1090655.jpg
small P1090678.jpg
small P1090697.jpg
small P1090698.jpg
small P1090700.jpg
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
courierguy

More cars than last year .I guess the weather had something to do with it. Nice to meet peter and craig put a few names to faces. Congrats to the organisers TCCV for another great event.
silverra23

Thanks for coming and having such an awesome turn out guys, it thrills me no end every time you guys come along!

We will get some photos up shortly, but in the mean time there are plenty being posted on the facebook page

www.facebook.com/classicjapanshow

looking forward to seeing (and hearing) you next year!!
KEVIN

Congrats to TCCAV for a great show, always a pleasure to spend a day with the TeamMightyboy crew. Maybe I should start thinking about building one of these little toys :crazy:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
peterg

It was a great day on Sunday. It was good to be able to put some faces to the names and photos. It was interesting to be able to look at other Mighty boys to see what's possible. You all seemed like a good bunch of guys. It was good to see the other Japanese cars on display. I liked the format. Just show up in your car. No competing no trophies. Hopefully I will be able to make the Albury cruise in late March. Thanks again for the sausages Terry and well done Kevin for bring the BBQ. Cheers, Peter and Will..
silverra23

I got a photo of most cars there, now all up at

https://picasaweb.google.com/1134328899 ... directlink
carbonboy

Wow. What a day! Thankyou to everyone who came along/displayed a vehicle/donated/lent a hand/said hello/made the event as awesome as it was! What I found to be most impressive was not just the numbers, but the variety! I'm no car expert, I like seeing cars at shows & thinking "WTF is that?" *walk over for closer look* "Oh, so THAT'S what they look like in the flesh.". There was a little something for everyone, no matter what your flavour is.

Anywho, I shall add my collection of photos, you can find them all here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1174271853 ... directlink

I had another play with MovieMaker & put together a little walk-around of the day. Four hours of car show condensed into just under eleven minutes, if you're game, sit back, relax & enjoy.

http://youtu.be/MSt1zniQMuo

Most peeps couldnt work out my cleanskin 1999 carry was not pre 88 or that it was a carry at all but I did confess to the entrance guys I didnt want to be inside after directing my friends older datsun inside as it was his first time and hes an older gentleman guided to the event after making the long trip from above the border, but they said come in it looks old and cool anyways!. I later just went to park at the top and was happy to donate for charity including the raffle. Although I made my van look older in age its carrying the G series engine that have been around for longer than most engines there on the show except for the Toyota R and K series. Well in some countries it looks like the G is still going strong so its time is not up yet. Its here in the background of the corolla. The next step is to put some chrome and custom bits I made to make here look even older. So far she sports dark indian red nissan pulsar 14 x 6 inch chaser style steelies with white wall flappers on good pirelli rubber, a sunvisor heavily chopped and modded from an old Gemini, some wood inside for a double bed fits 6ft peeps with seats tilted forward, some japanese material seatcovers of some jp carps in a pond and some other bits and pieces like Zen japanese artifacts etc. She is a daily and bends a few necks with mystery.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-mLOc ... G_4421.JPG

Anyways I was happy also most peeps didnt know what was in my friends 120y car, he drove from NSW border which was still the pushrod A series engine block but with a Mazda B6 twin cam 16v head grafted on to work perfectly (3 camshafts in all) and smoother than the old pushrod antiquity. Some peeps just walked past and voiced out it was just a CA or SR which was a laugh as it looks nothing like those engines!
https://plus.google.com/photos/11343288 ... 9220868273