(WA) Perth Cruise / Meet and Greet

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Laura

i am going to assume that means you're in!
:wink: 4 cars and counting!
arklan

ok so its after christmas and things r pretty quiet at work atm
when you guys like to do this?
milton

I'm booked out 8th of feb weekend but other than that I'm easy. What were your thoughts Laura?
Brayden

I'm not sure if Laura will be able to respond right now, she's in the bushfire zone.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Laura

Hi all, sorry for the super slow reply. Been pretty hectic over here but my house didnt burn down so all is well. I am thinking maybe we wait til March. We gots a baby on the way now and it's seriously too hot to sit in the car right now for me. If we wait til much later i will be too big to fit in the car hahaha! Not concrete but I'm thinking maybe the 15th/16th March? I can organise something around that - we could maybe go for a cruise up to Bindoon Bakery and have lunch. Or Mundaring Weir? Suggestions welcome.
KEVIN

Hey, if you leave then you should be able to get here for Albury :snigger: Glad to hear you escaped the fires & congrats on your pending arrival. :baby:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
arklan

bindoon?! where r u thinking to start out from? haha
the purple boys top speed is 80 unless I put some bigger tyres on, can do 90 but it roars
the white boys tank has rusted to the point that its not letting fuel through the pickup so im looking atusing a 20 litre drum or a metal jerry can as a replacement
either way will at least have the purple boy for when the time comes
those dates r fine with me lets do it
but I was thinking of something more urban?
anyway I nominate laura as our perth team mighty boy leader haha
Laura

As your newly appointed fearless leader i lock in the weekend of 15/16th March. As for where to/from, I do have some ideas. The only reason i'm thinking the Hills is because i live there and have no flipping idea about the rest of Perth! It's nice and quiet and we can hang out beforehand. I am open to ideas (somewhere nice and scenic with stops along the way but have a couple options. One is Mundaring Weir Rd - it's nice and windy, we could incorporate the Zig-Zag scenic drive in Gooseberry Hill and it ends in a pub. We could do the West Coast Hwy from Hillarys to Cottesloe too, just that someone else will have to lead, i'll get lost :wink: , and there's more chance that we'll get separated in the traffic. But it would be so sweet to go along there with all the ferraris and lambos faffing about. Anyone got a squirt? Anyway let's put it to a vote: Hills or Coast?
Laura

also preferred date... sat or sun?
arklan

I was actually thinking west coast hwy more exposure
sunday is better for me so I dont have to take a day off work but will do so if sunday is no good for others

just had a look at the map
was west coast hwy is pretty short, lets include part of marmion avenue and stirling drive/mounts bay road we could finish up at kings park maybe
or kings park could be the start
arklan

my number is 0432 420 962 if anyone wants to text me about it
milton

15th suits me fine. Would only be able to hang around for a little while in the morning if its on the Sunday as I'll need to travel home then for work. As for the location I'm easy. I know most of Perth so navigation wouldn't be a problem.
Laura

Great! Arklan i will text you today. We'll have probably three MBs for next weekend. I'll put it on Facebook too to see if we can get some interest. Early is probably best for me too and we can meet at Kings Park and go out to the coast. My co-pilot works at Kings Park so that would work well, he is working in the morning but finishes around 10.
Brayden

When you've confirmed a meet time/place let me know and I'll make it an event on the facebook page.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Laura

Thanks Brayden, i did notice my initial post disappeared!
Milton/Arklan let's make it Sunday 16th and make it early-ish. Milton will you still be able to make it if we start at 10:30? My guess is that we'll be done by lunchtime anyway. I am working on a route that starts at KP and incorporates West Coast hwy without too many 100k zones. I cannot wait to work on sooty's interior this weekend. It's going to be a cool one too!