Albury cruise 2014 - 28th to 30th March

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
goose360

Marto,

I'll be leaving from Sydney if you wanted to drive in convoy :)
I live out west

-Angas
Tez

Chris... That's a bitch... Hope you can make it, but no pressure, dude.
See ya if we see ya. :thumbup2:
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Tez

Ok Cruisers and Losers...

Just back from reconnoitering the cruise, and it should be a goody... :thumbup2:

4 weeks and we'll be back from it by now...

See you there!
Tez
Chad_

Powercruise, tufftruck and nostalgia fest all on that weekend.
Tez

Two weeks out - So doing a quick head-count I have the following:

Coming:
Mark (Gazuga) (& wife?)
Gavin & Kevin
Angas (Goose360)
Brayden
Marto (jmart217)
Myself

Expressed an interest but hasn't committed yet:

Anybody else thinking about coming, but haven't spoken up yet?
Tez
ToranaGuy

Aloha from Honolulu, Hawaii.

My wife and I send our apologies, as much as we would love be cruizin with you all, we won't be back in time to make it to the cruise.

We hope you all have as good of a time as we always have had, we look forward to photo's and stories of the cruise, and we will endeavor to make it to the next one!

I hope we get a few live action pics on the Facebook page while the cruise is on.
:-)

cheers,

Jay and Kaytlin Jefferson.
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
CHR15 N

We wont be joining this year. Pitty, Im lucky to drive it once a month at the moment.
Brayden

it's not looking good for me at this stage. Important family issues are likely to keep me from attending.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Arctic Alto

I had planned making it this year.
But since i had to spend a few hundred for my alto to get fixed.
Dont really have the funds to make the trip :(
Fingers crossed for next time.

Hope everyone has an awesome time :)
goose360

What time are people from Sydney planning on leaving?
I will probably have to leave around 1pm due to work

-Angas
herboy

i thought i would finally be able to cruise this, this year but herboy decided it needs an engine rebuild :(
Tez

Another cruise done & dusted. :snigger:

4 Mightyboys made the effort this year, plus one 'ring-in' honorary Mightyboy-for-a-day Suzuki Vitara driven by Mark (Gazuga) after coordinating a day-pass from his lovely wife for the day being - their wedding anniversary.
The other drivers and co-pilots were :
Gavin & Kevin,
Angus & Daniel,
Jared & Sam
and myself.
So the activities for Saturday were: Short drive to the Monument for the (now) obligatory 'monument' shot(s),
The obligatory 'Monument Shot'
The obligatory 'Monument Shot'
followed by a short stop at the botanical gardens on our way back toward the caravan park (to sight-see at all the fruit-bats that had been heard in the trees).
Batty about Mightyboys   :-)
Batty about Mightyboys :-)
As we returned to the cars, we realised no-one actually had a need to return to the caravan park, so agreed to head off on the main cruise directly from the botanical gardens.
We proceeded to head out of Albury and through Wodonga toward Keiwa. After some confusion at the large roundabout, we regrouped and got onto the right road and into the Keiwa Valley. The drive down this highway offers a reasonably flat run for about 80 kilometres or so. As you approach the southern end of the valley, the two mountain ranges that have travelled the entire distance with you begin to close in, and suddenly you realise the only way out is to go back or go over! :thumbup2:
Fortunately there just happens to be a mountain road from (almost) Mount Beauty over the range to your right, to Bright on the other side.
Not too dissimilar to the "Mt. Granya road", but with a couple of great viewing points along the way.
A spirited climb into the mountain range will lift you several hundred metres above the valley floor before offering you a lookout to the east called 'Sullivan's Lookout'.
IMG_1673a.jpg
From this vantage point you have a fantastic view out toward Falls Creek, the southern end of the valley and Mount Beauty below
View toward Falls Creek and across Mount Beauty
View toward Falls Creek and across Mount Beauty
but another 5 minutes up the road a second veiwing lookout is situated at the summit of the climb facing North.
At the Summit
At the Summit
From here it is all down-hill into Bright where we stopped for a leisurely lunch outside a cafe before continuing in a clockwise manner from Bright on to Myrtleford. Here we turned right and headed North toward Yackandandah.
Yackandandah
Yackandandah
Here we stopped again for a short spell, before completing the circuit and heading back to Wodonga.

We made it back to the caravan park about three-ish which gave us all some time to chillax before heading up to the pub for dinner. Jared and Sam seized the opportunity to catch up with some local family before meeting up with us for dinner. After dinner they were off again to see yet more family in Cobram (about an hour-and-a-half away).

I must thank each of the participants for their efforts in attending the cruise - It is your good humour and interest that make the effort of planning, reconnoitering and then returning for this cruise worthwhile for me.
Tez
KEVIN

Thanks as always Tez for planning another great weekend. It was great to meet some new cruisers & see plenty of scenery along the way. Sitting around at night talking & joking with people with similar interests is always a pleasurable & relaxing pastime. Thanks to everyone who attended & those who didn't missed another fantastic cruise, already looking forward to next year \:D/ p.s. (Sorry about the fuel economy Tez) :snigger:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Mr Anderson

Well done! I couldn't make it this year, but I have been watching with interest. Glad to see a good drive and a nice couple of pics.
1986 mighty boy, CB60 1L turbo, 80kw (107hp) at 12psi (sold)
goose360

What an awesome weekend! Thanks Tez for all your hard work in organising this and to everyone else who was there :D
It was great to meet everyone and see their cars
I can't wait to get stuck into working on my car after seeing what everyone else has done
20140329_121044 resized.jpg
-Angas