crank shaft sprocket

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
keju

My little "guy" is sitting at a mechanics place over a week now, :( we thought the timing belt broke, but turns out it was the small crank shaft sprocket. The mechanic said it's the one with rounded ends and ....... we have to find it ourselves. To make sure I scanned in front and back and put it on my webpage...
http://www.geocities.com/juga_1/mightyboy.html (don't know cars, but THAT I can do ) hmmm.. maybe not it's not turning into a "live" link.... :(

To make matters worse.... a "helpful" MB owner stopped by and sold us the WRONG one with square gears... granted he gave us the whole thing.. with an almost new belt, the big sprocket and a pulley..... all for 50 bucks... thought he did us a big favour... we even had him talk to our mechanic on the phone to make sure and both said it would work.... now a day later we're told there's no way. Now we're out 50 bucks and still have to make do without our little "guy" ....
Now he wants us to order a new part.... money's tight ... so if anyone out there would be willing to swap the one we have for the one we need, or wants to buy it please let us know.
I anyone is willing to sell us the part we need please contact us.
kejuvy@gmail.com
we're in the Albury/Wodonga area

Thank you
Juvy <-------- missing her little "boy" :cry:
Brayden

The other option would be to swap the cam pulley to a square tooth. I might just have one floating around.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
keju

Hello Brayden,
thank you for your quick answer..... I think I wasn't very clear ...
We bought a complete square gear set including the pulley - the mechanic said the large gear will not fit on the crank shaft.

There are only a few Mighty Boys around here so I'm not sure if he knows everything there is to know. If you still think this would work, would you be wiling to post/e-mail the "how -to", so we can give it to this mechanic?

If not... we'll still be looking for the small sprocket with the rounded teeth... re-reading my first post I really was upset .... hope I made myself a bit more clear ... even tho I'm still upset about the prospect of loosing the little guy :(

Thanks for any help
Juvy[/img]
Brayden

I'll see if I've got anything that may help.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
keju

I'd be sooo grateful. See I only really got to use the little "guy" since October... got him about a year ago, but with driving on the wrong side of the road and the MB needing a bit different treatment then any car I ever drove before- the MB and I did a lot of staring at each other those first few months... didn't really drive until a friend from TX visited, then I fell in love with the little guy.... he's odd, I'm odd.. we're a good fit! :)

Thanks for any help

Juvy
gazuga

if brayden cant find anything, give deni car care a call 03 5881 3121. ask for neil, hes the guy i go thru, managed to find parts for my f6b, so a standard engine should be no problem.
keju

thanks guys......
brother in law just called ( not sure I still trust him after this last disaster) says he called around and found one , was told it was the only one so he went and ordered it without asking me first.... it's 65 bucks and then he says we need the seal for behind it for 14.... and of course still need to get the belt too.... this is fast getting out of hand.
Lousy timing as Ken still hasn't found a new job..... but his car is old too, 86 I think, prone to break down... so we really need the MB for back up too.... can't find a job without a car. It's one of those situations... damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Anyway...... if there is anything anyone could tell me to save a bit please hurry...... brother in law just called again and he's getting peeved at my reluctance to dish out so much ( he thinks it's cheap)

thank you
keju

Finally ordered the parts, sprocket and seal ( 85 bucks) plus belt ( still have the wrong ones sitting here) was told this was it.......

Just got another call on the Mighty Boy..... now brother in law says mechanic told him something's broken in the cylinder...... we're already way past 200 bucks now.......
he says might as well keep going..... I lost all faith in him.... I mean..... maybe I'm wrong, but shouldn't they have found this when they first took the car apart?
they keep adding and adding... thought this happens with big ticket cars and dealers, not with supposedly friends?
Honestly I don't know how we're going to pay for this....

Just want to go sit in a corner and cry :(