Okay, so I'm an idiot.

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Hewball

glad to hear you got it sorted out
and that is the best part of working on a car is the electronics... well i think so but thats just me
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/Hewball/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
Brayden

Try tracing an electrical fault, without a wiring diagram, through a van where NONE of the wiring is exposed and tell me how much fun you have! :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
evilgidget

Y'know Brayden, I've got a schematic here... If i''d known sooner I could have scanned it & emailed it off to you...
Brayden

You have a wiring diagram for an F5A Turbo Suzuki Every? How did you manage to come across that?! :-o
Brayden

Well this wiring is still causing me headaches. The alternator return line is heating up something chronic, but that I can get checked out during the week by an auto electrician.

The bigger issue is that now the thing just won't run on boost! As soon as the manifold sees positive pressure the motor pretty much shuts down. Engine is also running super rich at idle.
I've just disconnected the battery to see if resetting the ECU will do anything but any other suggestions to the source of the problem will be appreciated.
evilgidget

try disconnecting the alternator line again. Maybe something off that line is faulty & sending the computer into limp-home mode (which would richen the mixture & make it a dog with boost. I'll look at my schematic - it's just for N/A carb model - not EFI turbo. Hopefully might have an idea what's on that line though.
Brayden

Thanks mate.

I've traced all the wiring attached to the alternator return line and there's no problem there. Disconnecting that wire does nothing either... who knows, I may have fried the ECU?
It was running fine during the whole alternator saga, and in the process of fixing that I appear to have inadvertantly created another drama! :roll: :snigger:
ceej

Brayden wrote: It was running fine during the whole alternator saga, and in the process of fixing that I appear to have inadvertantly created another drama! :roll: :snigger:

Sounds like anything that i do... :roll: :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
evilgidget

What colour was the wire? I can't help with the ECU wiring, but maybe they've shared the wiring colours with the normal SK410 that got sent to every other country... Might help to pinpoint.

No other electrical gremlins evident? Taillights all working correctly and soforth? No indicators up on the dash?

There are also a couple of fusible links about... Maybe you've burned one up? Car might be starting on battery but ECU using alternator feed to run, causing problems maybe?

Double-check ALL your fuses - might be feeding one cct off another totally unrelated one. Never know what the last crazy jap owner had wired in it...
Brayden

All fuses, lights and etc are fine... I've been told that the MAP sensor may be damaged/unplugged so I'll check that out next.

Might bundle the whole thing off to the auto-electrician. :roll:
Brayden

The problem? A disconnected pipe on the idle solenoid. :roll: Plugged it back in, all is good.
Josh

w00t!

Bet that was satisfying... :D
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Brayden

Yeah, was a prick to find though - hidden up under the panel that houses the shifter. I only remembered it was there because the solenoid makes a quiet rattle when the engine is cold and I didn't recall hearing that noise when I started it last time. ;)

Now to install the new DVD player and screen. :D Oh, and listen to the purdy new exhaust.
eDave

Fark man!
Such a simple solution!
ceej

Good work man :clap: :thumbup1:
Garry. Nuff sed!