Update on the pimpwagon

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Nick

keep the two very different classics as two very different cars, personaly, the every(80's shagon wagon)looks sweet as, as is. As for the the combi every? well it proves the difference between money & taste
[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/mightyboy91/sig111.gif[/img]
Josh

Bollocks. The Every is no classic, and cross-dressing rice to classic can be hell-entertaining! :D
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
tonygray

There's a fascination in Japan with Kombis, but they are few and far between, whereas Every's are plentiful. Hence the existence of the kit. There are in fact entire clubs that run these things!

I like the retro Kombi look, but I dont mind what Braydens is either. I'd have one of each!

Here's the website that does the Kombi conversions plus some other weirdo shit too.

http://www.yellowhorse.co.jp
Yellowturtle

Hi there Brayden!

I'm new in this forum and would like say that your suzuki van rocks!
I recently acquired the same suzuki van as what you have except that I have an F5 550cc engine without the turbo.

I am still doing my research on its capabaility and if it is a good use for a family van in city driving. I don't know much about its engine but is it possible to have it aircon? The shop where I bought the van said that it has airconditioning and just have it clean but when I tried to have it working the engine is struggling to the point that the engine stop.

Does your van have airconditioning? Should I replace the engine with an F6, 660cc 12 valve and will that do the trick? Or an F10, 1000cc will do?
Your help and technical advise will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Brayden

My van has all the parts of the air conditioning except for the compressor pump. It seems that they must be a high-valued item in Japan because they are almost always removed before export. :(

I probably wouldn't bother hooking it up, even though my van is turbo, because the drop in performance would be massive! I can see why it would make your non-turbo F5A very slow - although it shouldn't stall, because there is an idle adjust that should kick in with the aircon that makes the revs stay higher to prevent stalling. ;)

If you're looking for a replacement engine I would recommend an F6A from a later model Every/Carry van because the configuration of the motor should make installation simple. If you want to go larger I would say that a K10A would be a good choice, but not an F10A - they're too old and have no power!
I have a friend with an F10A powered van and my little turbo F5A wipes the floor with it. :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gazuga

if your after the compressor ive got the one i ripped off my engine in the shed doing nothing. yours if you want it.
Yellowturtle

Thank you, Thank you for your advised guys. I almost lost hope in salvaging my van.

I'll be looking for an F6A, 660 12 valve. A friend of mine told me that there are a lot of available engine here in my place with EFI and sometimes turbo. I'll just have to look around where to buy one. I saw several Daihatsu Hi-jet (1998/1999 model) passing by me with airconditioning. For city driving with my new born baby girl i think can live in the drop of performance. :wink:

Yesterday, I saw a brand new suzuki with a 1000cc engine and fuel injected that was for sale. The engines brand is Dongha and it was made in China. I'm not sure on the quality and performance though.

Thank you for the offer Gazuga but I'm living very far from your place. I'm based in the Philippines anyway.

At the moment I am restoring my van slowly but I really like it. Especially, when people are taking a second look at it. :) A relative of mine was even surprise to see how spacious the vehicle is. And some of my friends are thinking of owning one.

Till next :D
Yellowturtle

Oh! I forgot to ask, what displacement a K10A engine and what vehicle/model is it attach?

Thanks!
Brayden

As the name would suggest, the K10A is a 1L. ;)
It is a twin cam, 16 valve turbo engine with variable valve timing.
Available in the Japanese Suzuki WagonR and RR models.

If you decide to go with and F6A, try to get one from a Suzuki Van, that way it will already be setup the right way - anything else will require major modification to fit in your van because the engines sit at almost 45 degrees to horizontal, in other models they are almost upright.

Best of luck.

And Mark, I'd be happy to fix you up with a case for the compressor.
gazuga

sold! to the man with beer :D
Yellowturtle

Hey there brayden,

Just want to ask the grill in front of your van? Is that for the Inter cooler turbo? Is it stock or you have it customize? What's your top speed in your van and is it stable on the highway when you replace your tires to 13 inch? And lastly, is replacing the alternator with a higher amp be feasible?

Hope your not overloaded with my questions. :)
Brayden

Yes the big silver block is the intercooler for the turbocharger - most definately not stock.
I wouldn't test the top speed because it gets very unstable at above 100kph. Once I have finished replacing the suspension I will try, but it should hit 140kph I guess.
Bigger/wider wheels and decent tyres make a huge difference to handling, as they do with any vehicle.

The higher output amp is feasable, but only necessary if you have reason to upgrade. The standard alternator is fine in most cases.
Yellowturtle

I already had my aircon fix but accoring to the aircon technician I should not expect it to be comfortably cold as compared to a regular car since I have a small compressor(the device that makes it cold). And putting a bigger compressor won't help either because I have a small engine. I drove it during the middle of the day(start of summer heat here) and true enough I might as well open all the window. :(

My partner was dissappointed with the result and the money spent that she advises me to sell the van and get a regular car. :cry: I am already entertaining her advise but could not resist not to loose hope because the only flaw I see on this remarkable van is the airconditioning. Will replacing the engine do the trick?

Brayden, the K10A engine will surely make a difference in my van but unfortunately it is not available in our local market. Is replacing it with an F6, 12 valve engine solve my problem on airconditiong?

I just hope I made the right decision on purchasing the van. :/