how much boost is too much?

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
n2o_spark

as the topic implies. i'm wondering how much boost can my little f5a handle on stock everything? i've just got myself a boost controller, which will at least eliminate the near non-existant boost creep.
i've heard that there is a fuel cut at 15 psi. so i need to mod the MAP sensor. no biggie there,

how much boost can i "safely" run day to day wdop you think?

thanks

n2o_spark
Brayden

I'd say 12PSI on the stock turbo, maybe 14 if you want to run the risk.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
n2o_spark

what is this "risk" anyhow? will do more dmg to my turbo or engine? hmm well iv'e set it to 12 and well i had a mate in the car so i couldn't tell much difference at all.. but i'll go for a cruise later by myself.
Josh

I believe the main risk with "stock everything" is rooting the bearings and seals on the turbocharger.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Brayden

The risk is both the motor and turbo, but moreso the shaft and wheels in the turbo, which will shear from fatigue at high boost and potentially cause major damage to the engine if they let go.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
n2o_spark

well

thanks for that.. i wasn't sure if it was the turbo or the engine what would be the weakest point.. i've got a spare turbo.. but there is little point in me running more boost till i get myself a new exhaust and ecu. unless of course i go to the track :D