F6 engine inquiry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Yellowturtle

Here are some modification i placed on my engine:
1. Put new 2 row evercool radiator
2. Racing filters

Have some observation on my new F6 engine-4 speed manual carburator.

1. My engine use to have an idle-up, it's like a manual choke except it's automatic. My mechanic remove it because the idle-up revs the engine to high and sounds like it will explode. I don't know if there is an adjustment to it. Should i put it back because everytime i start my van i have to depress (lightly) the gas pedal to warm up the engine for 5 minutes and the engine vibrate to much when i let it go? (Probably because of the bigger radiator) Will this shorten the lifespan of my engine since it not running at an efficient temp? Will these make my van used to much fuel since i manually warm-up my engine and at the same time when I am also driving the van?

2. He also remove the thermostat at the engine so the water flow constantly and besides, it's busted. I don't know if you can buy one at the auto shop for suzuki carry thermostat. He said i don't need it since where in the tropical country.

3. What is the Horsepower of a Stock F6 engine without turbo in a suzuki carry? Are they all the same with other F6 in cars and daihatsu van?

What you think guys? Any advice?
Brayden

1. If you want your engine to idle correctly then yes, you should refit the auto choke and have it adjusted correctly. Having it disconnected won't do any real harm to your motor, it will just make it difficult to drive until it warms up.

2. Install the correct thermostat for your vehicle. Not having a thermostat will cause the engine to chew more fuel because it is running too cold most of the time.

3. Stock carby F6A is about 30kw, give or take.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Yellowturtle

Thanks for the advise! :)
mowog

Running cold and 5 minutes idling will also cause more wear in the engine. Most engine wear occurs in the first 5 or 10 minutes. Start the car and drive off straight away it will warm up much quicker.
Change your mechanic. The thermostat is there for a reason, to do with warming up again, it won't warm up without the thermostat.
The auto coke can be adjusted, or it is most likely just the linkages sticking or the something. Fit a manual choke if you have to.