first time on the road

Chat about anything and everything.
pink panther lova

hey guys an gals

i get my L's in november an im really scared my mum took me for a drive an i panic'd an um well cryed,my mum has a AU3 fairmont ghia v8,it has the bigger xr motor so i cant drive that on my P's unless i have a reason,so i have 2 put the boy bak on the road but im really worried that ill crash or sum thing im fine by myself but with any one else in the car i panic any advise or tips?
lol 2 stop pplz pm me i'll save time yes im a bloke.any 1 wanna add me 2 msn go ahead.
Jermaine

yeah just drive around somewere if ya can nd get ya confidence up, just try not to panic
pink panther lova

ok,im just really scared cos its a v8 an that,the boy is fine
lol 2 stop pplz pm me i'll save time yes im a bloke.any 1 wanna add me 2 msn go ahead.
CoinSlot

Practice makes perfect!

Just keep heading out with your 'rents until it feels comfortable.
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
Gladier

pink panther lova wrote:,my mum has a AU3 fairmont ghia v8,it has the bigger xr motor so i cant drive that on my P's unless i have a reason,
first things first - you can drive this car on your p's - provided its the only family car ... ie you dont have a mightyboy or any other car available (note - requires permit from RTA)
pink panther lova wrote:so i have 2 put the boy bak on the road but im really worried that ill crash or sum thing im fine by myself but with any one else in the car i panic any advise or tips?
and this is normal. the way i started was pop drove me out to the middle of nowhere at wauchope and then let me drive. i stalled soo many times it wasnt funny

or you can do hat we did with my ex gf - fine a BIG empty carpark and drive through it.

oh and good luck with reverse parking, its a bitch
Jermaine

pink panther lova wrote:
,my mum has a AU3 fairmont ghia v8,it has the bigger xr motor so i cant drive that on my P's unless i have a reason,

lol over here in tas as far as i know i can drive any car like my dad's V8 Ford F-150 lol, like everyone has said practice nd you'll be fine
pink panther lova

lol im good with parkin of all kinds i love revecse parking cos i used 2 do it in my back yard in my swift an pulsar the swift was way easyer cos power steering,but i sold that so i can have money 4 the boy,im so scared cos im used 2 a man not crapy auto an mums car is really um cool but i hate it cos it has so much power compared 2 the pulsar an boy,ok thanks 4 every ones help when i get my L's any one wanna do a cruze with a L' plater lol :oops:
pony-tail

I grew up in the bush (on a large property) and was driving as soon as I could reach the pedals , but was still nervous when I first got to Brizzie and got into real multilane bumper to bumper - I got over it in a week or so .
My advice is to potter around the area that you know well then expand the area you are comfortable with . It is not hard - just watch out for the other idiots that are around .
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden
Brayden

If you're worried that the Falcon is too powerful then stick a block of wood under the accelerator. Problem solved.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Mel

Dont worry dude! The 1st time I went for a drive with my dad I panicked and turned toward the highway, which made me panic more... aaaaanyways, I ended up in a HUGE fight with my dad, and was bawling my eyes out, and then told him to "stick his stupid car up his arse" and told him to drive me home and I was NEVER going to drive again....
Until....
5:30am the next morning, I pinched the keys and PUSHED the car down the 30-40metres or so (slightly sloping downward) driveway, through the boggy sand trap, which of course got me. Keep in mind at this point in time I was a tiny little blonde bimbo with the strength of a kitten. So after my horriffic work out,I then proceeded to drive the car about for about an hour.
Anyway, once I proved to myself that I could do it, I was fine. I was ready to take on the open road!
I drove back up the drive way to dad standing in the doorway with his morning "cuppa" telling me something to the effect of "I told you, you could bloody well do it! I thought I heard the car start up" complete with a stern warning to not pinch the car again!

Keep in mind that I DO NOT advocate pinching your own car and doing what I did... (I do have a somewhat I can do it myself attitude towards learning), but what I am saying is this... stick with it. Find someone that youre comfortable getting in the car with and let them teach you how to drive. I dont think I drove with Dad again until I actually got my licence. I used an instructor. I didnt like taking critisism from him because he grew up on a farm and was driving from like 7 years old, and inadvertantly thought I would automatically KNOW how to drive.

Dont worry if you fail your licence the first time (can you still fail it these days or is it just that log book system thing?), I failed 2 times then got it. (Although the 1st doesnt count because I had only had the "stick it up your arse" moment and the pinching of the car as my lessons, yet dad still made me go... as if I was going to pass!

And the second... well... I was going down a hill, BREAKING because I was getting close to 60, I went over by 2kms, and I got, "sorry darling, you sped! Thats an automatic fail, back to the depot".

That REALLY shat me off because 2 weeks later I had the same guy as my test instructor, and not only did I yabber his head off the whole way, but I sped the entire test AND did the biggest fishtail Ive EVER done turning through some traffic lights. (He asked me If I knew what I had done, to which I giggled and said yes, so he told me he'd only take off 1/2 a point because i knew my fault) I guess I must have been showing enough leg and boob that day.
CoinSlot

jellyfish wrote:I guess I must have been showing enough leg and boob that day.
That wasn't the gearstick you were holding... Bahahahahaha!

I also sped on my test and passed (that was the second time round). First time I went too slow apparently...
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
ceej

My first test i sped as well. Second time aroud the lady started making up some stupid rules that i never got told about, and i got tricked i reckon, even though they say they dont trick you, i still reckon i did. So i thought screw it, ill put the money up for an instructor... First lesson he said that they were idiots for not passing me and that i could do it in the 6 lessons that you are required to do. And on the last lesson he told me i always was going to pass, he had to make me do the 6 lessons as it was the law.

I might also add that the first test was also the first time i had LEGALLY driven a manual, and the guy told me that my shifts were perfect... :P
Garry. Nuff sed!
Mel

Ahhhhh! So thats why I can only master the auto.... that whole manual shifting was just getting me nowhere! I get it now!
Thanks Coin
pink panther lova

um i dont think i can show leg.but havin said dat i know a guy who works at the RTA in coota an his gay,hrm how bad do i want to pass first go,can i handle the sore arse an passing first go ,or failing it,hrm

i take the sore arse an passing first go,my seats are really soft to cushion the ride afterwards

his only 18 so its ok lol
pony-tail

I did my first driving "test" in 1974 did the written test - got an open liscence (1 year before the introduction of "P" plates in QLD ) I doubt I would pass a current driving test first time up , for a start all there distances etc are metric now !
But my driving can not be that bad I have not had a ticket for over 10 years .
You will get there - Don't dwell on it excessively !
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden