f8B...?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
under cons-truck-tion

hey im new here...got a red 85 MB with a horribly slow 550 that needs a new vacum on the carby cuz the secondarys dont open :cry:..so im gonna rip it out and put a F8B in there :D ...anyone selling one (with box)?..or mayb just a full suziki hatch? and also..anyone else whos doen the conversion: how long'd it take?....hopefully within the next year ill have got a second job and put some more money in2 the car other then the stereo.....many MB owners on here that live in QLD?
mowog

You will need the accelerator, clutch and speedo cables but everything else goes pretty well straight in. Some have had trouble with radiator boiling and fitted the larger one but mine never gave any bother. Essential to fit new timing belt if you don't know what ks it has done (max 80000) if these break the belt you can wreck the whole motor. Also pays to fit new big ends the motors spin over pretty quick so you don't need any looseness there. Of course if you can fit all new stuff, mains, rings and do the head it is better but minimum is big ends and belt.
Next problem is rego but I don't know what Qld is like.
Brayden

There is a whole writeup on the conversion available here:

http://www.tamon.org/?page=guides&id=9

Enjoy! :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
under cons-truck-tion

just wondering...what sorta speed/economy changes are there wen u upgrade?...
Brayden

I didn't notice a difference in economy when I made the swap, but the increase in power is fantastic. You can actually keep up with traffic and cruise happily at 100kph. :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Colin

i got my f8b heaps faster than that -----pre turbo :D
MORE BEER! :beer:
springa

I'm selling my F8b engine and box in about 3 weeks. Genuinely only done 60 000km. Extractors. Nothing wrong with the little fella. I'm pulling it out to fit the F5a twin cam turbo next week. I'm in QLD just north of Brisbane. Willing to sell for $500.
If you're keen my phone number is
0422 751 606 and email:
cwspring84@yahoo.com.au
Springa