(NSW) Sydney "U Beaut Ute" Show

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Brayden

Thanks to Brokenshire for making me aware of this one, happening on Good Friday/Easter Saturday 2007.

Check the details and post up if you are interested in attending.
http://www.eastershow.com.au/srcomps/utecomp.html

Personally I don't like the way the show is organised.
First you have to submit your entry, where your ute is assessed for inclusion as an entrant. If you make it through, you then have to drive to Sydney on the Friday for judging, where only 20 utes are chosen to actually participate in the main event on Saturday. If you don't make it through, its a wasted trip. If you are selected, it becomes a winner takes all situation with only one prize.

Not really in the spirit of a ute show if you ask me, but I'll think about attending if anyone else is keen.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

Yeah, I'm Keen. But there is the fact that my ute may not be up to scratch by then, but for the sake of filling a form I migfht give it a go.

ALSO: fine print of the entry form reads that you must be registered in NSW and have a green slip. is that a problem for you brayden?
Brayden

I'll give the organiser a call and see what she says.

Just to clarify though, say my entry is accepted and I am put on the "Top 100" list, then I have to drive to Sydney for the first round of judging where I could be sent packing straight away... seems a bit mean-spirited if you ask me!

The whole idea of this event is to crown one winner as the "best ute", and surely that has to discourage a lot of people who have nice utes, but don't think they're "the best", and wouldn't bother entering. These kind of people still support ute culture and should be encouraged!

I prefer the format of most shows, where there are categories to cater for all sorts of utes, and give encouragement to people who are keeping all makes and models of utes on the road.

End rant. :P
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ceej

If im free, ill give it a stab, even if just for the sake of making it a cruse! I dont know if i will be free however, just remembered that i have some extended family coming to visit... And if it is so that i dont make it past the "Top 100" then its a huge WOFTAM...

It really is unfair, they should do it the same style as the CBR Ute Show!
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brokenshire

Brayden if you want to call her, tell her that we would like to make it as part of a club day and have at least some members there on the saturday as welll as friday, or I can call if you want. let me know.