sqeaky clutch

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
kidwithahatch

hey anyone have any idea how to permantly fix a sqeaky clucth it drives me insane. im not sure what sqeaks either but i dont think its the spring.
any help appreciated
cheers

Josh
bretto

im not 100%....but i found in my diahatsu mira when my clutch got sqeaky that the cable was worn and rusted, it eventually broke.lol

but dont take my word for it thats just what happen to me might not be the same for you.

maybe pull your cable out n have a quick look at it once they start to get a bit of rust in side the cable they usually will wear away.

cheers bretto
mightymira!!! :)
shavenyak

If the squeaking is anything like mine, then it kinda sounds more like metal on rubber? I know what you mean when you say it drives ya nuts - its pretty damn loud. I sprayed a bit of crc in it's general direction which helped a little - I think some silicone lubricant would be ideal though. Must get me a can some time.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
kidwithahatch

yeh a bit of lube sounds like the way to go, i just hope the cable wont snap lol not up for spending more money just right now
ike849

not 100% sure but don't clutch plates have little rubber knobs as wear indicators....when the friction plate wears down the rubber knobs become exposed and make a squeel noise on the metal surface to tell you to replace the clutch before it gets to metal on metal????

might be worth a look???!!! (cable shouldn't squeek if you not using the clutch....no tension)
Brayden

Clutch plates in our little beasts don't have wear indicators, unless you count the rivets - but the clutch should start slipping just before you get to that point.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Joel

mine does the same thing
it usually starts when the weathers a bit damp
where the clutch cable hooks onto the clutch pedal squeaks
a shot of inox stops it for a while
i just dont notice it normally till someone points it out

-Joel
stevan_istheman

I'd guess throwout bearing...
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.