Cruizes and Events

Chat about anything and everything.

Are you interested in going to an Event or Cruise?

Yes, I try and go to as many that have been organised
56%
Yes, but I haven't been interested in any so far.
22%
No, I'm not interested in meeting owners in Person.
22%

Total votes: 9
Brokenshire

I'm trying to decide wether my eargerness to create a TAMON Cruising / Event family is worth it, or wether we should all remain on-line and with unknown faces.

Group get togethers seem to work well on other forums. :?

Everyone has something different done to their Mighty Boys and I find it inspiring to actually see mods done to other ute as well.

Please discuss....
Brayden

I've had this discussion with many owners over the years, and the lack of action on the cruising front seems to boil down to three things:

1) MB/Hatch/Alto owners fall into two categories - enthusiasts and those who see them as a way of getting from A to B. Sadly we have very few of the first kind around. ;)

2) Rarely do enough people have a roadworthy MB/Hatch/Alto to attend an event.

3) MB/Hatch/Altos weren't designed to travel long distances, which discourages people from driving far to attend an event.

That being said I'm happy to have attended almost every cruise that members of TAMON have organised. It makes me proud that we are the only enthusiast group in Australia to have organised many successful cruises/events.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
toy550

I like to go to a cruise, the only thing is, that most cruises are up the nsw/act area, and i live in melbourne, so its a bit of a long drive for me. Though if there is a cuise happening when i have a week off work i'll head up, just drive a couple of hours at a time.
mightyboy

yeah id love to come for a cruise. but unfortunatly, i come into the - enthusist with an unroad worthy boy. whenits running again, ill do a NSW cruise for sure.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
jono

I'm in the enthusiast category, have a roadworthy MB (well for Tassie anyway!!!) but having that big bit of water in between us is a bit of a bummer. Tassie has some good roads down here though.... :wink:
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
CHooKMaN

I've got 4 boys all in pieces. I'd come along once I get one back together and on the road.
me217

yeah my biggest problem is its not on the road and the 2nd is that theres no cruises anywhere near me :(

me217
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
scott7

I am an enthusiest from way back since I had my boy in family from brand new but at the moment 4 bodies into a 2 seater boy doesnt go but more than willing to travel up o 300klm from home to attend once family commitments have been arranged
MACK MEATY BITE
mightyboy

solution is simple.

1. everbody win lotto.
2. make the boy roadworth/ long distance worthy
3.keep yourself free.

see! there no problems
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
cam-gti

im planning on getting a mighty boy next month, and iv already got a gti so i will be restoring the mighty boy and using it as a cruiser most of the time.
CHR15 N

I'll be on the next Sydney cruise.