News Article Reminder

The latest Team MightyBoy news and updates, plus your ideas and feedback
Brayden

Just thought I'd start a thread to let everyone know when I've posted a news article on the site.

First one for the new year is up, and includes info about a cool new MB on the scene:
http://www.tamon.org/mightyboy/news/standing-tall/15
Last edited by Brayden on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jermaine

i want one! :D lol
CHooKMaN

That's the little beastie I spotted on Parkes Way the other night that I asked about in my "Spotted in Canberra" post.
gadj

I'd like to know some more 'bout this one. eg. what Mark had to do to make it go together & whether a G16b would be an option.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

gadj wrote:I'd like to know some more 'bout this one. eg. what Mark had to do to make it go together & whether a G16b would be an option.
Essentially he took a standard MB shell, hacked out the firewall and wheel tubs, then dropped it on a modified SJ narrow track Sierra chassis.

It still runs the standard Sierra engine/driveline to circumvent several regulations on ICVs, but it could be fitted with a G16B at a later date, assuming it would actually fit in the engine bay.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
eDave

That's a bloody nice conversion.. er.. combination!
gadj

I figured that was the way things came together. I had seen a similar conversion done on an LJ80 chassis. The LJ80 had to be stretched about 500mm to achieve similar wheelbase as the MightyBoy.

Just hate not having the money/space/time to do something like this for myself - nobody makes the type of vehicle I want & the only alternative is modify :twisted:
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..