Simple Street Performance Mod for F5a / F8b

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Alto Boy

I think most people who have tried this Mod are trying to make their cars rev out whilst engine is cold.....when the engine is at normal opperating temp, it should work a treat.

My little Buggy just goes nuts out on the highway and the only time I get a flat spot, is when the engine is cold.....so just let it warm up before trying to push your foot flat to the floor.

As far as running too rich / lean, I believe that is permanently set by the main jets in the carby and I don't believe you are going to do any damage to the engine running it this way.

My top speed has increased back to it's old self after about 5,000k's of having a full head rebuild, so last top speed was 125kph backed up by my GPS digital readout......mind you I don't drive at this speed all the time, when the time was right and I had at least 3 k's of flat, straight highway, I just let it run flat out.

Now I'm happy and there is no need to Blow my little Baby up.....it's just fun having a new set of balls for launching off at traffic lights.

Greg.
Didn't I used to be somebody once !
aamiraijaz

I did that with my alto the result was great the only problem is the rpm. How can i fix that because the rpm wouldnt come to normal its around 2100 at idle.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY
Alto Boy

Hi Dude, have you tried lowering your idle speed with the Idle screw above where your throttle cable pulls, and there is a knob at the back of the carby, try turning that clockwise and if that doesn't work, lengthen the hose from the auto advance to the carby by 2 to 3 cm.

Try that and report back.

Seeya....Greg.
Alto Boy

Let me re state that......I must have had a mild shithead attack.......I meant lengthen the tube from the back of the engine to the auto advance on the distributor and if that doesn't resolve it also lengthen the tube from the Y piece to the Diaphram by 2 to 3 cm.

Dude this is just a matter of fine tuning the system until you get it right and that's why at the very start of this Topic I said, buy 1 metre of vacuum hose so that you can cut and resize until you get right.

Mine works a treat once the engine is at normal temp, but when cold it does suffer from starvation delay, when accelerating hard.

Seeya....Greg.
aamiraijaz

Thanks for the reply.

I'll do that on sunday and then get back to u.
TRAIN HARD FIGHT EASY