Skid Pan Day - Gympie

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Al_Zhiemer

Am in the process of booking the Gympie Roadcraft skid pan for a day (8hrs) on the 20th december 2008, it will be open to all cars, male and female drivers.

Cost for the day will be $100 and includes an instructor who will be there to provide tuition on driving skills to help improve your skills. these guys are always a pleasure to have around and their skill and knowledge should be used while the opportunity is there. Mark (instructor for roadcraft) in his lifted VN commodore with 4wd tyres on it is an absolute genius when it comes to car control.

Numbers will be limited, there will only be 12 - 15 places available for this day. that way those particpating get a good amount of track time, those that want to split the driving with someone else are welcome as it is fixed at $100 per car entered. this will just mean that you both don't get as much track time as those doing it on their own unless you state that you both want to do the same events and then the price will be $100 each and count as 2 bookings.

Those that are interested need to get back to me by 08th august 2008 and a 20% deposit paid by the 15th august 2008. Anybody who pays a 20% deposit and then pulls out at the last minute will loose their deposit.

This has always been a great day out and enjoyed by everybody who participates. Any other enquiries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

If we don't get a minimum of 12 drivers the cost will rise or the event cancelled and refunds given back to those who have paid their deposit.

Cheers.
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
ceej

Just a note for everyone in QLD thinking of attending; MB+skid pan=Shitloads of fun!

Don't be scared to break your cars, you wouldn't do much more damage on the pan that you would with normal day to day wear and tear. Plus you have a very good time, and learn a LOT about car control and it's all in a safe, controlled environment. 8)
Garry. Nuff sed!
Al_Zhiemer

Damage, what damage??

The only thing you can hit are witches hats :D

And believe me, if i thought much damage could be done i wouldn't be entering the GTR in to it.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

ceej

Al_Zhiemer wrote:Damage, what damage??

The only thing you can hit are witches hats :D

And believe me, if i thought much damage could be done i wouldn't be entering the GTR in to it.
Precisely, read what I said.
Garry. Nuff sed!
mightyboy

god i wish i was closer, id have the commy out in a flash.
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
Al_Zhiemer

Hhmmm, this has seemed popular. maybe not in here but i have 4 positions open for the day, to make up the minimum amount required (12). those that are thinking about this need to make up their mind fast.

Cheers.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

stevan_istheman

I'm in.
Also...
I think calibur should come up and give us a look at his shiny new cappa. :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
grant4561

Is this meet just a training day or is it an organised race day?
Ive prviously raced my Honda Prelude at the shidpan but I really want to give my Cappo a go.
Al_Zhiemer

Is classified as a training day, helps with insurance. you are in the car on your own unless you want the instructor to come with you and give you some advice, which is always good. under their regulations a qualified instructor must be there at all times.

usually it works that the morning is just drifting different layouts on the skidpan with the afternoon a combination of timed events. those that would like to see awards handed out at the end of the day for various things need to say so and it will increase the entrance price by $10 each. up to everybody but i would suggest autobarn or supercheap auto vouchers so the individuals can get what suits them.

a number of different layouts are marked out with orange cones with 2 cars on the track at a time. i'm just organising the day out as a bit of fun befor the end of the year, nothing serious, group of people out having fun for the day in their cars.

and one word of advice, these guys are dead serious when they say obey the rules or be kicked out, i have personally seen one entrant kicked out after being there for only 30 mins or so and there is NO REFUND. you get one warning and thats when they lay down the rules.

those that are seriously interested need to PM me for further details as i have 14 people interested with 8 of those already paid their deposit, so from here on in it will be first in with a $20 deposit has a spot held for them.

Cheers
1995 Nissan GT-R33

grant4561

I have also seen d...heads kicked out with one one or no warning. Your right it is always a great day and you dont have t go silly to enjoy it. I will let you know.