I have a serious problem...

Chat about anything and everything.
Brayden

... I can't stop buying strange Suzukis!

In honour of international "talk like a pirate day" yesterday, I have purchased a Wagon R+ (ARRRRRR!). I saw it advertised and had to at least take it for a test drive - ended up buying the bloody thing! Details are:

1999 model (one of the last)
Air con, air bag, decent stereo, 140k on the clock, 5 speed manual, K10A 1L VVT engine. Goes pretty well but it needs some work. Previous owner was a Japanese uni student, so there are the usual carpark dents and general mistreatment. Some dickbag has tried to paint the dashboard white, and failed by epic proportions, so I'm off now to try and clean it up.

I am surprised at the power of the K10A engine, it pulls nicely in the mid RPM range and cruises at 100kph with ease (3400RPM). I'll be interested to see what it can do up higher, but that will need to be tested once I give it a service and inspection. The factory tacho goes to 10k, so it must have some serious legs!

F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

OK - what is the likelihood of fitting a K10a into a MightyBoy?8) Is the K10a similar to the G10a/b? ( we are obviously looking at a twin cam with that rev range). I just know I won't be the only one asking.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

Because I'm that kind of guy :lol: , I'll do some measurements and see if it would fit.

I don't have high hopes though, the K10A is 4 cylinder, and the whole assembly looks a lot taller than an F or G series. K10A is twin cam with VVT and all alloy construction. A tasty bit of kit, and I might be tempted to buy a K10AT down the track. :twisted: :burnout:

Update on the interior:
I tried to clean the white paint off the dashboard with turps, but it is too thick to get through. So it looks like the dash will come out for a sand and spray, which will be easy because the assclown who pulled it apart previously didn't bother to put a single screw back in. :lol:
Tay

Nice buy Brayden :)

I almost got one of these! Changed my mind when the Every was for sale again.

These are great little cars, it's a shame we didn't get the Turbo version, I've seen a few pics on the net from owners in Japan all done up, very nice.
Brayden

There's one for sale on ebay in Dandenong, currently at $400. :-o Makes me wish I lived closer to Melbourne!
Colin

gee and you dont know anyone who lives there ....mark ...:roll:
MORE BEER! :beer:
gazuga

oh ill be bidding dont you worry about that, but not for him :lol:
Brayden

Do it mate, these little rigs are awesome! If you decide to stick the K10A into your ute then I'll buy the body off you. :D
Will

You need serious help :lol:

Looks like a good buy though nice and clean!
Cappuccino Owner
grant4561

Yep, looks really good but I think we all need serious help :crazy:
ToranaGuy

That is a serious problem! Buying lots of weird cars! But you gotta have a hobby right? ( or has it become a lifestyle? )

But then again, people think i have a serious problem too, with owning & modifying a might boy, along with my Turbo Torana project, my panel van, my EB GT Mockup & a ED GLI.

Then if you get technical, my g/f's TX5 Turbo which has a few mods ala boost, cooler, suspension & rims, is also in my name lol! At my place there is 3 Fords, 2 Holdens & 1 suzuki, plus lots of spare parts stuffed into the shed. :lol: :x

I'm sure you will get the urge to turbo it! I'm sure the results would be great!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
gazuga

a winner is me \:D/ i now own that blue one off ebay for the princely sum of $811, picked it up yesterday.
few carpark scrapes here and there, interior is near on perfect. engine doesnt sound right, burnt exhaust valves maybe, will give it a quick service see if its just something simple, otherwise i guess ill just have to drop a k10at into it..
Brayden

Score! Well done mate. :) Hope the engine problem is something simple like a burned out plug.
Colin

you two are as bad as each other :lol:
MORE BEER! :beer:
Brayden

Update:

Well the wagon passed rego inspection with a completely clean sheet - a first for any car I have ever owned. :lol: I've already slung on a set of spare rims I had in the garage (they might look familar to some of you!).
The stereo from the snot rocket has been installed - heck I never listened to it in the ute anyway!

The dashboard has been repainted a more appealing shade of grey, which does look much nicer than the speckled white it was before. Still having a couple of niggling issues with the central locking not working on the rear doors, but the wiring is a mess so i'll have to get in and clean it up.

Some updated pics here:
http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... er/WagonR/

Next on the agenda is a bigger set of wheels, lowered springs, a better air intake and decent exhaust to help that K10A breathe to 10000RPM. :)