Hatch Mods

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
ffr-34k

hey guys this will probably be a ongoing thread.

I'm just about to but another hatch with a great F8B engine and swap it all into a good shell I have, can't wait, i want to basically re do everything in the car so any suggestions you guys have in any aspect would be great..

also how does the hatch compare with the mighty boy on many things i have downloaded all the "Guides" from the website but dont want buy parts that will fit the mighty boy but not the hatch.

i dont have any current plans to do much work to the engine more worried about getting the ride and looks right before spending big$$ on the engine.

also what can i do about upgrading the alternator?

has anyone tried lambo style doors on a hatch/mighty boy? (not a urgent mod)

anyway
what i'm planning to do:
transplant engine and air con
sunroof
respray
possible custom dash if not just center console for cd player
fit back seat and redo interior
upgrade suspension front and back
replace most parts i wont be upgrading
Rear disc brakes (help anyone)

at the moment thats about it (or that i can think of)

like i said any help or suggestions welcome.

and final say: i love the hatches this will be my 3rd still driving my 2nd everyday
maybe one day i'll get a mighty boy too
suzuki hatch brrrr
Brayden

If you are doing an engine swap I would seriously look at replacing the engine mounts. After 20+ years of wear they're going to be on their last legs.

Mechanically the SS80V Hatch is almost identical to a MightyBoy, with the obvious exception of the F8B motor and box, and a few other subtle things like the alternator. In terms of modifications though its all pretty much the same.

I haven't seen scissor doors on a Hatch or MB, mostly because it would be tricky to find room for the opening mechanism. I know a guy with a Swift who did the conversion and he said there was barely room. (It also cost him about $3k to get the job done.)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jono

This thread is about fitting disc brakes to the rear of the mighty boy but I guess a similar argument applies with the Hatch...

http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... isc+brakes
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
ffr-34k

thanks for that
yeah the lambo doors were basically if it can be done easy enough and cheap enough lol but i think i will pass..

i'll be starting work on it all in a few weeks going to be taking my time and taking plenty of pictures
suzuki hatch brrrr
Cookie

Guys, scissor doors can be done, just got no idea on the cost, found this pic a while ago

ffr-34k

the doors can wait lol, i'm back at work this week which means money yay!! lol and with no mrs anymore = more money than before.

so the question is whats the best thing to do with a f8b?? or should i get a differnt engine like a f6a ? any ideas would be great, now i'm just looking at getting my htch up to a good spec, and i'm buying a nice v8 so i have the best of both worlds

thanks guys
suzuki hatch brrrr
Dan_J

well if it aint turbo stick one on, and c how long the na motor will last
a air pod on directing it close as possible to the coolest air, such as mount it in the front bar side ducts
zorst
no scissor doors but low with no chrome wheels, only deep dish rims 13's/14's, rolled/flared guards