Hayabusa motor?!

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Steveb

Just a thought that is completely pie in the sky type stuff...anyone ever attempted a hayabusa motor into a carry...or any other suzuki for that matter??

I was trawling the net and found a golf or two with a busa motor and a few go kart's with them..
Brayden

There is one on youtube in a blue trayback. Might have been an R1 motor though. Either way it would be massive work to get it installed and engineered. Working out how to make a reverse gear would also be tricky!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
shavenyak

pretty sure I've seen a video of a bedford rascal ute with some sort of bike engine in it (pretty sure it was a hayabusa). Can't seem seem to find it again though.. :(
grant4561

I know of 2 Cappo's currently getting them fitted one is overseas but the other one is in Melbourne.
Nehemiah

[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
Brayden

grant4561 wrote:I know of 2 Cappo's currently getting them fitted one is overseas but the other one is in Melbourne.
Spill the details! :-o
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
grant4561

Ok, heres a link to a thread on clubcappo about davidmotec's the one in Melbourne which if you read it has been partially hijacked by a guy in the UK Wayne2105 that is doing one as well.

http://www.clubcappo.co.uk/board/Blah/B ... 1228822767

Theres a couple of other conversions happening in cappo's as well.
A guy in the UK fitting a rotary.
A guy in Norway that has fitted some K6A "Artic cat" snowmobile motors.
and a few others.
Oh yeah Dave660's cappo in Sydney with an F6AT motor just got 144kw at the wheels on the dyno.
Steveb

was hunting around seeing about the reverse gear problem and apparently - only runour so far - the guys with clubmans in the uk that run busa motors use an electric reverse gear with a compressor and belt type system...no pics or details as yet...but hoping to have some more info soon. the rascal with the kwaka motor looks crazy!
gadj

There is/was a clubman mfr. in Aust. offering 'bussa power option... I'll see if I can find them again.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Al_Zhiemer

There is a mob over in the states that either make adapter plates to normal car gearboxes or a custom transmission. They are using the hyabusa motor as a 4 cyl in clubman's and various other cars.

Can't remember which but its the same guys who do make the hyabusa motor into a V8 as well.

http://www.h1v8.com/page/page/1562068.htm
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
Steveb

The guy's name is John Hartley. I have been briefly chatting to him regarding the adaption of the busa motor to car gearbox. I'll post more info when it comes to hand.
Steveb

HA....$8500 USD for the conversion kit...thats not even the whole motor!

might look at turbo'ing the stock motor!