melbourne cruise...22 Feb 09 *date changed*

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mini_kompressor

Hell yer' we're coming :D But must warn all that the Mb is getting quite tired so its a bit slower than normal :lol:
Tez

Well.
What a day. Again we met for a cruise, unfortunately, only the same people made the effort, plus Parry this time in his (Oh Wow!) green MB.

We waited until nearly 11:00am for all you lot that said you were DEFINITELY coming this time last time, then with no more starters we were off.

I had hoped to have my MB ready, and did arrive at the meeting point in it this AM, but after discussion, elected to take it home (it is not well a.t.m). Parry offered a ride Shotgun for the day - Thanks Mate! - It was great.

So we left Ringwood and drove through Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Upwey and Tecoma to Belgrave. Approaching Belgrave, Parry was running low on Caffiene so we stopped in the main drag and found a handy coffee shop for a top-up. Back on the road we wound our way through Belgrave and Selby, Emerald and into Clematis - (These areas fortunately have not been affected by bushfire - although they were during the Ash Wednesday fires years ago). In Clematis, we peeled off down Wellington road and had the first real opportunity to wind the 'Boys up to 100. Downhill so we all hit three digits on the ol' speedo, before we turned off into the Cardinia Dam reserve for some photos. Leaving Cardinia we found the Harkaway Road and headed for Tooradin. along the way we passed through a short stretch of burnt bush - about two minutes worth - just enough to confirm the decision to change the route was the right one.

A couple or wrong turns later we found ourselves in Berwick (No-one really wanted to go several k's over a gravel road and some fast re-routing was needed). From Berwick we headed south to the South Gippy Highway and 10 k's or so had us in Tooradin for Lunch.

Apparently we weren't the only people taking advantage of the fantastic day for a drive - Tooradin was jumping - the park we had picked out for lunch was quite busy, but still we easily found a picnic table near the cars where we could eat our Fish 'n Chips in the shade.

After lunch we headed back up the South Gippy Highway the few k's it took to find the Baxter-Tooradin Road where, we then turned left and headed across the peninsular to Frankston.

At Frankston we found the Nepean Highway and then cruised North along the Beach through Seaford and Carrum to Edithvale where, we took Edithvale road (which becomes Springvale road) to bring us again North, and back to Maroondah Highway.

A short run of about 10 k's had us back at Ringwood where we began.

Another easy day in the company of good people with a similar interest.
It doesn't get any better than this.

I've put photos in my gallery. http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/Tez/CruiseFeb09/

Again, three cars was ok... If I'd had mine running better that would have been 4 - one up on the last cruise in November. More would have been better.

There was talk of organising another cruise for later this year. - If no-one else cares to come along, that's fine - you're certainly welcome, but your absence won't stop us enjoying our cars.

When the next cruise is organised, I'm sure details will appear here in the cruise section.

Cheers for now.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
JB

Thanks for the update Tez, sounds like another great day.

Sadly for me, I had plans I just could not break (again!) - a wedding!
Also, my MB is still out of action.

Would have been a good run for me too, as I grew up just outside of Belgrave, and now live in Dromana. Oh well.

Thanks also for the pics, The Holk certainly stands out, awesome colour!
suzutey

i would be up for a meet later in the year, i live in bendigo and have only met a couple of mightyboy owners, "none of which are hardcore enthusiasts" haha. but id love to make the trip to the big smoke when the boys done and i can "legally" drive on the road.

Keep me posted

cheers, Jo
holk

As Tez said magnificent day, healthy fun, great people. I have only put few pics in my gallery, because most of the pictures are similar to Terry's.

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... ise+Feb09/
Brayden

Guys, let me know if you want all the pics put into a single gallery in the cruise section. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

Hi Brayden.
I guess that would make sense... Please do.
Cheers
Tez
holk

Thanks Brayden. Ben should add more pics soon
LowBoy

Is it alright if i tag along for the next MB cruise? I dont own a MB that's all, i've got a vl turbo but after i finsih my VL a MB is my next project =)
Looking for a MIGHTYBOY.. PM Me with what you got.
Tez

Absolutely - all starters welcome.
Tez