Alto Works RSX Servicing (F5A)

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Tay

Gilly,

My brother is using NGK DCPR7EIX in his '87 RS-R (F5A DOHC Turbo), or you could save a few bucks and just use the non iridium plugs that is currently in your F6A (DCPR7E).

I had the same issues back in the day when I first serviced his car, I looked up NGK website and got the same part number (DCP8EVX). Most places didn't have them and that it was a special order? So I just went ahead and got some oil and oil filter. Later that day while servicing, didn't realise the car was already running DCPR7EIX plugs, and all plugs looked it didn't have much km's on them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
gilly

thanks mate! Yep, I think I will just use the plugs I used for the F6A, I'm sure they would be similar enough.

And Brayden, you are correct, the bonnet of my RSX states the same plugs the NGK website said to use. My RSR bonnet doesnt have this sticker though.
1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX F5A Gearbox - FOR SALE!
holk

As far as timing belt, would anyone know where I can find one for a twin cam F5A (129 teeth, 25.5 mm wide, round tooth). Suzi world in Melbourne told me they can't get one (unless I buy 100), Repco told me may be in 10 weeks.
Suzi world suggested to find someone in NZ, as they believe it is the same one as used in the Cappo imported in NZ by Suzuki. If anyone has any leads or contacts for dealers in NZ, much appreciated.

Paride
Goofy[HSK]

holk wrote:As far as timing belt, would anyone know where I can find one for a twin cam F5A (129 teeth, 25.5 mm wide, round tooth). Suzi world in Melbourne told me they can't get one (unless I buy 100), Repco told me may be in 10 weeks.
Suzi world suggested to find someone in NZ, as they believe it is the same one as used in the Cappo imported in NZ by Suzuki. If anyone has any leads or contacts for dealers in NZ, much appreciated.

Paride
F6A Cappa (and F5B DOHC) is Gates T968 (132x25.4)

You need Gates T857
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com