(VIC) Melbourne Cruise - Sun. 9 August

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
eternal teen

It sure was a good day :D 8) can't wait for the next one :) great to see an alto and a carry in the convoy too 8) :)
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
Karu

I t was a great day, seeing places and roads Joanne and me didn't know existed, seeing the horrifically burnt forest rejuvenating (incredible), seeing land where homes once housed happy families, seeing very little rebuilding (probably waiting for the fire commission to tell them how to rebuild), seeing lots of portable homes in one contained area (probably to house the Grollo workers while the home owners who had $300 million+ donated by caring Australians’ –where is it?- still live in suffering. Having a wonderful lunch in little almost ghost town named Lancefield, walking across the road to a 3 story high huge building containing expensive antiques and then realising that it was once a Masonic lodge (there must have been a lot of money in that town once). Following eternal teen to a property owned by a retarded hoarder who has hectares full of vintage cars, trucks and buses turning to rust and will not sell them. Passing another hoarder who has collected what must be hundreds of VW beetles and Kombi’s (and by the number of them appears that he will not sell them either). “Honey, I’ve bought another Beetle today.” “W-h-y”? “Well, I needed a heater switch knob.” “A HEATER SWITCH KNOB! You have hundreds of heater switch knobs out there and not one of those cars on the road.” Going for a walk on 938 metre high Mt Macedon and remembering what cold is, BRRRRRRRRR. Seeing how well 550cc Mighty boys go, seeing how little fuel they use (I had to refill my Carry and they all lined up and watched me). But most important to me was the knowledge that wonderful people drive tiny Suzuki’s, whether they be driving Mighty boy’s, Alto’s, Falcons, Volkswagons or Morris Mini’s on the day they all have a love for our fun loving Suzuki’s that make us feel happy and proud. Let’s do it again soon!
Brayden

I'm glad the day turned out to be a success, and I hope it encourages other MB owners to get out and organise/attend some cruises!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

Yes it was a great day, only thing that coulda made it better for me would have been to be cruzin in my mighty boy! :lol:

Will be nice to have another cruise, say when the weather is a bit nicer a BBQ @ Williams Town beech?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
eternal teen

On behalf of everyone I would like to take the time to thank Tez for a sterling effort in preparation of the trip... from the dead accurate research of the area.... to the google maps so we never got lost..... and getting it all up and running and making it happen in the first place.....BRAVO :woot: :rock: :grouphug:
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

Aww shucks guys... :oops:
Nice to know the effort is appreciated.
Nothing stopping any of you guys from having a go...! 8)
(quite rewarding to have it work nicely actually).
If a half-dozen of us from around Melbourne were to give planning a cruise a go, just imagine the variations of places & roads we'd see!
It's really not that hard...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ToranaGuy

Yes well done Tez!

I reckon we could do a drive in's night when the weather get's a bit more summer like. There's drive in's at dromana & coburg still. Coburg one is just past the old prison, and easy to get to from the ring road.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
eternal teen

YEAH!!!!Coburgs the go seeing I live in Coburg and Dromana is a great cruise in itself...good call..
eternal teen
ToranaGuy

eternal teen wrote:YEAH!!!!Coburgs the go seeing I live in Coburg and Dromana is a great cruise in itself...good call..
I thought you'd be up for it!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Tez

Well Jay...
Do the homework... :wink: Put it together, post it up... I'll be in it I'm sure...
As I mentioned, I'm already working on something a little different... won't let it out of the bag yet until I've got it a little more together... 8)
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
mini_kompressor

Hey guys, looks like i missed a fantastic day, but at least i got to put some names to faces :) . Was probably a good thing i couldnt make the full trip because by the time i got home i too was as crook as a dog :x . Anyway im sure ill catch up with you all again on the next cruize :D.