Who's first with the correct answer to this problem?

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Karu

Here's a question for all you mechanically minded people.

I have been trying to tune the Carry, and of course to do a proper tune requires the adjustment of dwell, 52 degrees, I used an expensive dwell meter but regardless of the points gap I could only get 80 deg on the meter. "Crap meter" I said handing it back after a frustrating hour.

When I had my next chance to do it again I used another expensive dwell meter. "Another crap meter" I said after wasting another lunch time and only registering 80 deg again.

Today I had another chance so we connected it to the very expensive whizz bang do it all computer. It registered 80 degrees. This had the very experienced mechanics scratching their heads and one mentioned that he seemed to recall this happening many years ago to a car but he forgot the type and the problem.

Any ideas?
Tez

Is the dwell meter set for the correct number of cylinders? - If it isn't it will give a wildy incorrect reading.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Karu

Interesting question Tez, the hand held $500 ones I set to 4 cyl but the big fancy super dooper computer one today didn't even ask for the number of cylinders.