Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
ToranaGuy

I dunno if I've ever posted in this thread so i guess i better eh?

I'm Jay, just turned 27. I work in IT, previously worked in the Transport Industry to pay my way thru my studies. Had the boy since I inherited it as an unfinished project from my dad in 2004. Before that time, i would never have been able to get excited about something so small, but owning & driving it has changed the way i look & think about car's. Done a fair bit of work to it in the last few years, got a lot more to do.

I also own a few other car's as well, as some of you who have meet me in real life know. A 1993 Ford EB GT Mockup, a 1974 Lh Torana 4dr, a 1978 Hz Panel Van, and a 1993 Ford ED GLI i'm in the process of selling atm. Keeping the rest for a good while yet!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
eternal teen

Hi I'm Ian, I'm 46, I've owned my white/black MB since March 1994 (that I bought off an ex girlfriend) and my black/white one in the picture since October 2005 that I bought off ebay. I have just finally finally finished a F8B upgrade on the white/black one making it the 3rd motor and 4th gearbox it's had since '94. It now runs like a dream as I've done up all the mechanicals and only need to respray it to finish the job. That won't be for a while yet because it still looks really clean as i've always kept up the polish and garaged it. I also bought an immaculate 1990 ford laser in 2006 with low km's from a trusted friend mainly so I can drive it in summer and have aircon. I work as a traffic controller these days and used to be professional working musician for many years. My wife is from Yokahama Japan, we have been happily married since 2005 and she loves the Mb's. She even remembers the ads on TV when they were new when she still lived in Japan. I reckon if I ever won tattslotto I would buy more MB's in all the colour's they came out in including the rare light blue coz I have yet to find a car to beat them. I was always in love with VW beetles and owned a few as well as a 1976 kombi camper but MB's are even easier to work on and maintain yourself. One of my next priority projects will be getting a gallery together in the near future. Cheers all, E.T. 8) :)
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

Wow Ian, your 46? Having meet you in real life i wouldn't pick it at all! I would have thought you were about 10yrs younger than that! 8)

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Matty

Hi all im matty new to this :? Anyway im 19 had my boy for few months, live in tassie. Love the thing great car. anyway this my first post hoping it works :oops:
eternal teen

ToranaGuy wrote:Wow Ian, your 46? Having meet you in real life i wouldn't pick it at all! I would have thought you were about 10yrs younger than that! 8)

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Hey Jay,now you know why I go by the name eternal teen :lol:
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
ToranaGuy

eternal teen wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:Wow Ian, your 46? Having meet you in real life i wouldn't pick it at all! I would have thought you were about 10yrs younger than that! 8)

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Hey Jay,now you know why I go by the name eternal teen :lol:
It does suit! :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy
1TUFMB

hey everyon,
my names Chris im 22 and new to the whole mighty boy scene i guess you could say but im looking at getting one in the very near future to hopefully restore and slightly modify,
currently i own a Suzuki Swift GTi turbo and am looking for a 'small' ute for work instead of trying to pack sacks of mulch and gardening equipment in my poor little GTi any will probably speak further with you guys shortly

Chris
CameronMinns

Hello,

I'm Cameron, I'm 19 and am studying at uni at the moment. I guess how I found this site was by looking for a Carry.

Always loved the little vans, me and a friend bought one for $100 when we were little for a farm van. It actually did really well and got anywhere, until we rolled it. But we pushed it back onto its wheels and it still went (windscreens didn't even break) then we rolled it a second time days later. Then it was really dead. :-P (Note: wasn't wearing seat belts either time we rolled it)

So yeah, when it came to buying my first car so many good memories were had in the old Carry, I just had to have one. And they are so different, you just don't see them everywhere. (Like shitbox commodores or skylines)

Iv'e bought a 1990 Suzuki Super Carry, low roof model now, Metalic blue paint job. Got big plans for it! :-P (In gallery "Cameron Minns")

That's my spiel, Thanks guys!
Cameron
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
ToranaGuy

Welcome guys!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
goose360

Hi

My name is Angas, and I'm studying technical production at TAFE this year. I work in a photoshop and for an industrial chemist.I really love messing with/building computers, but this will be my first experience fixing up a car.
I've lurked around this site for a while now, but only signed up when I bought my first mightyboy just after christmas. I've always loved MBs, and it was awesome when I found this one for such a bargain. It was really cheap and needs a lot of work, but it'll be a really cool project to keep me and my dad busy. I have lots of plans for it, so hopefully it turns out ok.

-Angas
Billie

Angry Angas Beef :P
goose360

or Mighty Angas? lol that should be my username
Brayden

I can change it if you want. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
goose360

Brayden wrote:I can change it if you want. ;)
that would be awesome, thanks
Breyten

Hi all, my name is Breyten.
As I tell my gf, you can blame Hewball! ;)

Always had an interest in MightyBoys, but have had a few other cars from low and fast to climb anything. Haven't had a car for over a year now (ride bikes), but am in the process of picking up a MB here in Perth at the moment.

Plan is to get it into a nice stock condition, and then see where I go from there.

But My BMW was never going to be lowered, and my Jeep was never to need a ladder to climb in.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.