my carry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
synster

hay guys this is my carry.
im moding it up so yer it will be going through a face lift.
arh how do you put photos up?
Jake.G

i put mine on photobucket or a site like that and copy the image code.
Nehemiah

Photobucket or register in the tamon gallery and upload them to this site...
[url=http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2744]Can a G15A DOHC engine fit into a Carry Van? Short answer...Yes. Click for the long answer...[/url]
synster

oh thanks guys.
synster

ok guys im looking at put a sr20det in my carry.

can it be done.

or would i better off putting a 13b turbo in there?
synster

any one.

i have 5g and im pretty keen for some ideas.
Billie

20b :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
synster

lol would be nice but im really keen to do this.

if i can only find out what motor is easier to fit under the seat and bolt in.
Jake.G

neither is going to bolt in easily but out of the two id say a 13b. Apparently its been done so you could possibly track down those people to ask questions and find out how they went about things.

Will still be a mission though. Make sure you to a build thread and post heaps of pics :)

Get some sideways pictures up too. if you cant be bothered making a photobucket account or becoming a member just put them on facebook and copy the link something.
Brayden

13B? SR20? I take it that you don't want to have the van street registered?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
synster

well you can put 12a in the van street legal.

well so they say.

but if all esle fails im just going to rebuild the motor and turbo it.

just have to work out the who turbo carby sides of things.
Karu

After searching for almost a year I would rebuild (as long as it is an F10A and must be mated to a 5 speed) and turbo it. I realise now that not all Super Carry's go as quick as mine, if they did I would suggest rebuilding it without the turbo because it is great fun, especially now my application of Motor Silk is doing its job.

To fit another engine will be costly if at all possible, so when I look at the advantages of the F10A I can see no comparison. Mine has traveled 280,000 km and does not use oil. When you think how many times the tiny engine must have turned over during its 25 year life it is extraordinary. One is on ebay at the moment and it has traveled 303,000 km and is advertised as great condition. A mechanic mate told me he rebuilt an F10A with a huge amount of km's on the clock.

Rebuild it, put in Motor Silk and when you need to do it again in 160,000 km you engine will still be as new. And when you do it again in another 160,000 km your engine will still be as new, and so on. As long as you van is rust proofed and remains accident free there is no reason it shouldn't live to beyond 50 years. I know mine at 25 years old is in great condition, so why wouldn't it survive another 25 at least.

Of course there are other reasons for using Motor Silk. (and no, I do not benefit financially at all from it unfortunately) Everyone is talking about the environment one way or another so I may as well do my bit to help the planet and my pocket even though I do not believe in man made climate change. I get better than 30% fuel savings using Motor Silk and instead of changing the oil every 5000 km's, which equates to 32 oil changes over the 160,000 km life of Motor Silk I only have to change it every 15,000 km's because there is no wearing parts and no carbon can form, saving 22 oil changes and 77 litres of oil. So I am having fun with more power and saving money and the enviroment.

I realise that I have gone on like a salesman, but my point is that we can give our little engines, gearbox's and diffs more power and an incredibly long life. This, until recently highly secret, Motor Silk and a turbo'd Carry would be more fun than most cars.

https://evergreenamerica.com/applications.cfm

The President, Rick, is a great bloke. Tell him Karu told you, he'll look after you.
synster

wow thanks mate well sorry to be a pest but would you be able to help out through this?

maybe could you send me a photo of the motor setup?
sean-austin@hotmail.co.uk.