f10a parts.

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
Jake.G

hi guys,

i have a few questions.

i need a new electronic fuel pump for my f10a.

would i be able to buy one from supercheap or something or do i need a specific pump for an f10a?

also where my temp guage connects to the manifold it has broken and no longer works and when i try connect it it shorts etc.

so i need a new temp guage and sender.

once again can i just buy any old temp guage and sender and hook it up or what is my best option there?

Last question.

Does anybody know of any other cars that i can use lowering blocks from in my carry. i would like to be able to just buy some from autobarn instead of paying to get custom ones etc.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Brayden

You should be able to use a universal 6PSI Facet pump, that's whats in my Carry. The temp sender will need to be replaced by a unit with the same spec. Most auto places should have a listing.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jake.G

i bought a brand new facet pump and installed it etc and i know its working because i can here it when the ignitions on. but it isnt pumping. (and this is the same problem i had with the old pump but i thought the internals were just buggered)

so my question is does anybody know why it might not be pumping?

ive sucked the fuel through from the carby side and got plenty of mouthfulls of fuel but it wont pump.

so its allowing the fuel to pass through the pump but not forcing more through if that makes sense?
Brayden

Are you sure the polarity of the pump is correct? Or that the hoses are connected to flow in the right direction?

A mate of mine recently installed twin EFI pumps in his car and wired them back to front - instead of pressure at the rail he got bubbles in the tank. ;)
Jake.G

polarity is deffinately correct and yes i think the hoses are correct because i can only blow air through one way. and that is the direction i have the fuel flowing.

with my old pump i tried to set up a little mini test to see if it was my fuel lines or something. and in the process reversed polarity and it just went pop and didnt work again once i swapped the polarity back to normal.

so i dont really want to try swapping polarity with the new pump incase the same thing happens :|
Brayden

So you've tried disconnecting the hose after the pump and checking whether it will pump fuel into a bucket?

If that failed then I would suggest that either the pump is mounted higher than the tank, or that there's a problem with the fuel pickup in the tank - maybe an air leak.
Jake.G

its mounted in exactly the same position as the old pump that used to work but stopped working.

i can suck it through with my mouth but the pump wont suck it.

how can i find/fix an air leak? new hoses or would the leak be in the tank or something?
Jermaine

pump is definatly working? id be testing the pump on the bench with a bucket of fuel or somethin makin sure u have it the right way..?