muffler

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

hay every one just got my new muffler on to day it one of those cannon's its only a small one but it sounds cool and i think realy looks good has any one done afull system on a carry?
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Karu

I have a 2 inch system on mine with a hotdog muffler; it goes better than with the original exhaust and sounds much better. I originally did it because as much as they might attract attention, being white I found (and still do) that it looks like a work van so I wanted to make it a bit different until I can think of a great color to suit.
supervan

sweet 2 inch that would sound cool. the cannon on mine sounds heaps better than the stock muffler. mine is also white and thinking respray how much would one of these cost to paint :?: ive just redone the roof lining and retrimed the rest of it in a real dark blue almost black and looks sweet now just some wheels and paint im thinking two tone. what year make your van :)

small van big plan
Karu

1985 with 282,000 km and it drives like new. I just had a roadworthy done because for the year I have had it it was still in the old man's name. It didn't need anything done to pass. If future laws allow, I am planning to be driving it for another 25 years at least. It certainly sounds better and has extra power with the 2 inch exhaust.
CameronMinns

How much was your 2 inch exhaust system??
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
gadj

I would have expected a 1 3/4" to 1 13/16" system to maintain better velocity & therefore scavenging. Exception to this would be a forced induction setup or engine capacity greater than 2 Litres.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
supervan

i dont think where trying to get hp from the 1ltr just a better sound :)

small van big plan
Karu

Yep, that's the reason I did it, sound. I didn't expect to get any extra power, although I did.

I use a great exhaust place here in Melbourne because they are so cheap. I paid $150 in memory serves me correct. It was expensive really because I had replaced my complete exhaust on my 1968 Toyota Crown wagon (which is a long car) for $160.
Brayden

So what kw gain did you get from the muffler? I'm wondering if it will be worthwhile upgrading mine.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

a great exhaust place here in Melbourne
Where might that be Karu? - I'd like to know someone who does good work for a good price. :)

The next bit of tinkering with my 'Boy may well involve the exhaust system. :wink:
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Karu

Tez Ferndale Exhausts & Automotive Centre‎2/1 Rushdale St, Knoxfield VIC (03) 9764 8490‎

Braydon I wish I had put it on the dyno before the exhuast, but it certainly was much quicker than my old blue one that had 8000 km's on the engine and recently when I pulled up next to a later model (same shape) at a set of lights after he asked if I wanted to sell mine and that he had 4 the lights turned green and I left him for dead. Anyway, it sounds better. I will try and get a photo of it. I wish I had known recently when I got a roadworthy and it was on the hoist.
Tez

Cheers Karu.
Tez
So the adventure continues...