my 1974 Fronte

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Krupkee

hey, new to the forum, picked this little gem up in february this year, havent done much on it since i have 2 other projects + uni but hope to get a lot of it done these holidays

it comes with a going (or so im told) 360cc watercooled 2 stroke engine from the lc20w fronte/cervos

pretty tidy for its age, has only done 80,000km since bought new here in nz, was deregistered for 12 years before it came into my hands. minimal rust, nothing a good weekend couldnt cure, the worst is about a 10mm hole in the front "firewall", next worst is surface rust on the floorpan. some por15 will sort that out though.

bought some sweet retro mags for it, 13x5.5 will put picks up when they arrive, im currently converting it to 4x110 and front disc brakes at the moment. Seems like the biggest thing to get it running is to sort out the brake line routing in the front as the lines have just been cut by the PO. Might just send it to the brake shop as i dont have tools here to cut/flare/braze or whatever they do.

so yeah, thought id share it with you guys, something different and interesting, if anyone has any info regarding this motor/chassis i would love to get a hold of it as there is virtually nothing.

1974 suzuki fronte
mini_kompressor

Mate, thats SWEEEET!!!!! :) Im so envious of you :wink: . There was one floating around in WA a couple of months ago, but he wanted about 7 grand for it :oops: , and i think it needed a resto too. Well done.
Tez

How cool is that? :D

360 cc's & a four seater... :lol:

I could imagine how she'd go with a full cabin on a big hill...

Way to go mate...
Tez
So the adventure continues...
JB

AWESOME! Very envious indeed! Good luck with the build up, it looks like you are starting with a very good base.
Krupkee

cheers for the support, well i paid 240 nzd for mine :D another here is for sale for 3k that needs a bit of work for registration, not really looking to make money, more of a daily driver runabout

its the "stingray" type, only seen 3 of its type here in nz and one had its shell scrapped the week after i bought this one.

once i sell my 4x4 and get my mr2 on the road ill focus on this.
to get roadworthy it needs:
rust fixed
engine in and going(quite a bit of work as i dont have a clue how anything works, hardest part will be mounting the radiator+getting the oil feed system working.
1974 suzuki fronte
shavenyak

Tez wrote: 360 cc's & a four seater... :lol:
yeah but that's 360cc of 2-stroke power!
Krupkee

right its holidays time for pics:

headgasket (hand for scale purposes):

stripped paint off the wheels:

tested said wheels:

as you can see somethings not right with the front suspension, im wonnering if i got given the right springs when i bought it, definitely need a coil or 2 cut out.
pic of the rh suspension is with spring in, lh is with no spring. rh side spring seems to be pusshing down wayyy to much

seems like with susp compressed a bit of camber i might get away with no flares

stock vs new:
speedo definitely will run slower lol gona be getting 155/65/13
1974 suzuki fronte