WTB: f5a dohc need some help or f6a turbo

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
zookieboi

Ive got a suzuki carry 87 model. its a trayback 4x4 version and has 550cc's and a 4 speed box.
yes its slow...
i want to do a conversion to the turbo version. can anyone tell me if the turbo model will fit right up, be it the 550 or 660? as for top speed im upgrading tyre size slightly it should bring the rpm down a bit.

** maybe someone would know of a place i can get front cuts?**
cheers guys, ben.
Last edited by zookieboi on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

The F6A DOHC is far from a bolt-in fit. If your current F5A has EFI then you'd be better off fititng an F8B bottom end and then stick a turbo on that using a SOHC turbo manifold.

If your current motor isn't EFI then get the engine and accessories from a turbo Every.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
zookieboi

yeah its the carburettor'd version. hmm ok a turbo'd every. thanks brayden
zookieboi

is that my only option? im having trouble finding much on an every, let alone an engine cut? cheers.
Brayden

It isn't your only option, but it is by far the easiest if you want a turbo. If you're happy with a 50% power increase and a bolt-in solution then I'd seriously consider using an F8B and bolt your current carby/accessories to that.
zookieboi

hmm,
im amazed how hard it is to get the 550cc turbo motor.. even looking on importing sites im having no luck..
f8b seems like the best option i suppose, just not as fun as the little turbz motor. ive seen videos of carry's drifting in japan looks like the have heaps of power.. just wondering what engine they use.
Brayden

Likely to be an F6A wound off its nut.
zookieboi

k well with the f6a when you say its far from a bolt in fit.. is it a huge job? orr just a bit of fiddling around? =P
sorry for all the questions better off learning off one of the wisest suzuki experts in aus then not.