quote on new 5 speed

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

:?: suzisport quoted me $550 for a new 5speed box for my f10a carry........does this sound like an ok price..
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Billie

Brand new?

If not brand new does it come with a warranty?

Is that price fitted?

If so then that sounds pretty good.

Have you tried boss wrecking?

They had a super carry there at one stage.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
NozMonkeys

$550 sounds like a good price to me :-o Considering its brand new.
Karu

It's worth every cent if you have the money. It will completely transform your Carry and your enjoyment of it.
supervan

thanks for the info.that price is just for the box no fitting,its brand new he said he can get them in whenever anyone ever wants one he must get them imported , didnt arsk about warranty tho....hey billie where is boss i would like to see if they still have the carry!

small van big plan
Billie

I think its tingalpa or flemming road at tingalpa. Straight off the motorway go left and stay in left lane until theres a turn off for that lane, then continue down that road until theres another turn off, go down that road until you get to a T section, go left and your there :)

Off the motorway make sure your coming from the coast area.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
supervan

thanks billie :) i no where that is ill go check them out....what should i be paying for a second hand 5speed.

small van big plan
NozMonkeys

I wouldn't pay over $200 for a second hand one. I just brought one $80 NZD. Anothers being advertised $150 NZD. Of course not wreckers.
kensvan

Hi super van,is your current box and gear stick operated by 2 selector cables or is your current 4 speed and gear stick operated by mechanicle linckages? if you have the cable selector set-up you might have a 5 speed but cant get 5th due to out of adjustment.if you have the mechanical 4 speed selector set up,the to put a 5 speed in you will need the two selector cables-the center gesr stick and the mounting plate that hold the gear stick and i think the 5 speed tail shaft due to the 5 speed being a bit longer in length.today i will take some pics of the 4 and 5 speed set ups and post them in my gallery...ken
i love my van
Billie

Pretty sure in his gallery he has pics of the cable selectors.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
supervan

hey ken yeh i have the two cable set up i have pics up as billie said :wink: ....

small van big plan
supervan

kensvan wrote:Hi super van,is your current box and gear stick operated by 2 selector cables or is your current 4 speed and gear stick operated by mechanicle linckages? if you have the cable selector set-up you might have a 5 speed but cant get 5th due to out of adjustment.if you have the mechanical 4 speed selector set up,the to put a 5 speed in you will need the two selector cables-the center gesr stick and the mounting plate that hold the gear stick and i think the 5 speed tail shaft due to the 5 speed being a bit longer in length.today i will take some pics of the 4 and 5 speed set ups and post them in my gallery...ken
how those pics coming along ken :o` ........... :P

small van big plan