Carry Questions

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
gZerO

Hey there

just after some measurements off someone who owns a Carry or Carry truck...

80s shape Carrys st90, sk410:
How much space behind the clutch and brake pedals to the hump where the seat is mounted? (I have big feet, want to know if they'll fit)
How much distance between floor and steering wheel (vertically)? (need to be able to fit my knee under the wheel... are they adjustable column at all?)
80s shape Carry Trucks st90, etc:
What are the tray internal dimensions?
99-05 Carry truck:
What are the tray internal dimensions?

Also,
80s shape carry trucks/vans:
what type of chassis dp they have? monocoque or body and rails?
99-05 shape carry trucks/vans:
what type of chassis dp they have? monocoque or body and rails?

reason for asking : want a carry truck, but proving hard to find. thinking of cutting the roof off a van instead, however body may not be strong enough to do this if it's a monocoque...

thanks peoples :)
cheers,
Lyndon
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
Karu

Lyndon, you would need to have bloody long feet and your feet to your knees would have to be long also to interfere. I found that wearing a pair of steel cap boots I have that often when I was getting out the left steel cap would get stuck under the clutch pedal and I would have to climb back in and adjust my foot to get out. They were a great pair of boots but the clutch pedal wore into the leather and destroyed them, shame I couldn't remember each time I was getting out. Often when I am getting out and plan on leaving the engine running the engine turns off. I put my right foot out onto the ground and slide across my left leg and when my boot isn't caught under the pedal my left knee somehow hits my keys and turns the bloody thing off, my fault though, too many cars and too many keys are hanging down. Don't wear certain steel caps and have too many keys and you will be right. There is a cut Carry on eBay at the moment, it'll save you destroying one of the worlds great vehicles.
NozMonkeys

my friends a bit taller than 6ft and is probably 110kgs (quite large) and he drove my van no worries. Hes got about size 12 or 13 feet (NZ sizings).

Whats your height?
Brayden

I'm 6'2" with size 11 shoes and getting in and out of the Carry is a bit awkward, especially getting my knees past the steering column. The position of the accelerator pedal is also uncomfortable on long trips - I get cramps in my calf.

Apart from that it isn't too bad.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Karu

Those extra 3 inches obviously pose a problem Braydon. At 5 ft 11 I find driving the van extremely comfortable, I have driven from Melbourne to Newcastle and Melbourne Sydney return with only petrol stops.
So maybe if you are over 6 foot it is a problem, my old man is 6 ft and didn't it seem to bother him.
gZerO

i'm roughly same dimensions as brayden, 6 foot 1 or 2, shoes size ranges from 10-14 depending on brand/shoe style...

guess i'll have to try driving one before i'll know. are the st90/sk410 pretty much same bodywise? as in, was the newer model just a facelift? if so, i could try driving either and know if the other would be suitable too...

anyone got any answers on the chassis types for the carrys, or carry truck tray dimensions?
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
NozMonkeys

Sk410 is 5 speed 1000cc where the ST90V is 800cc 4 speed. Body shapes a bit different. Or else theres the DA21V which is the next year up from the SK410.