Suzuki Hatch Sound System

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
SuzukiTurbz

Hey guyz.. im about to start installing my sound system in ma hatch just a few questions -
im using - Kenwood Headunit
Response 4x50WRMS Amp
2x 6x9 Kenwood 5-Way Speakers
2x 6" Kenwood 4-Way Speakers
will i be alright with the original alternator?
im only afta nice crisp sound with a lil bass not fused about sub.

im gettin an MK2 center console soon so the headunit install will be alright.
and im also wondering a bit off the subject hw much roughly would remote central locking for my lil beast be? its only 2 door. :)
thanks guyz
- Suzuki Hatch -
Billie

Remote central locking can be from about 40-200 depending on where and what brand. Ebay has cheap ones. Most that say central locking, wont have the remote, just incase you didnt know.

Try it with the stock alternator, if it struggles at idle to keep the revs up or at night the lights go dim, then upgrade. Or get a bigger battery, or dual battery, or bigger alternator and dual battery like me :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
bomber

Get an odyssey battery.
I've got one in mine. Running a system not dissimilar to yours except different brand and I'm running 5.25" splits instead of 4 ways.
My odyssey battery is awesome, it's almost half the size of the original battery and has plenty of charge and never had a problem powering any of my electronics or it's main purpose - starting the car.
A car audio installer friend of mine put me on to odyssey batteries years ago. All I use now.
Billie

How much are odessy batteries? A Ef alternator is $50 reconditioned. Plus wont need replacing like batteries.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
bomber

In a word, reasonably expensive. But you get what you pay for I guess.
But I don't think they're that much considering what you get and the warranty is excellent. Different batteries, depending on what you want it to do. Speak to an Odyssey dealer about what you want to run.
I love the odyssey battery in my set up as it allows me to keep the battery under the bonnet despite having hardly any room spare from the conversion.
SuzukiTurbz

my soundsystem has now changed since today..
i came across a new brand from america called: Rockford Foscale.

i bought a pair of 6x9's and they are insane..
i also bought a new clarion 60x4 WRMS amp so now im just gna be running -
my Headunit
Rockford Foscale 6x9's
Clarion Amplifier

will i still need a battery change or not..
only 1 set of speakers an amp and a headunit.
- Suzuki Hatch -
SuzukiTurbz

also how hard is it to wire the new headunit up to all this..???
after unpluggin the previous shitty radio lol
- Suzuki Hatch -
Billie

Lol very easy. Run a power wire straight from battery with a 10amp fuse. Use the factory switched + wire. And a ground to the body. And obviously the remote wire for amp and rca cables for amp then wire speakers to the amp.

And probaly wont need a new battery for that, the amp seems small on power so wont suck the juice.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ceej

SuzukiTurbz wrote:also how hard is it to wire the new headunit up to all this..???
after unpluggin the previous shitty radio lol
Not trying to be rude, but it seems you don't have much of an idea about car audio. Might be best to pay an installer to install it for you. Better safe than sorry. :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!