airbags on a carry is it do-able....

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
supervan

can you put air bag suspention on a carry van back and front. would there be a kit you could buy and custom fit...... :?:
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSJboZU-0b8

Nice looking Carry on bags.

You might be able to get a kit for another car and adapt it to fit, or it will probably have to be a custom job. I wonder what you'd do with putting them in the rear, like would you ditch the leafs or what :-k hmmmm.

Theres a few more vid's of that carry on the 'tube too.

Cheers
Dave
Dave

The Carry in that vid should give you a good idea of what yours would look like if you painted it satin too :)

Cheers
Dave
supervan

that van is wicked :D :D :D i whant that paint job the old school look suits the van big time the moon wheels are cool to....and the bags what can i say but hell yeh. sham its not baged on the front to but that is one awesome van :rock:
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
Dave

I'm pretty sure it is. might not be in that video but theres a few more of the same van. Could be wrong though.

Cheers
Dave
Brayden

It was bagged on the front, but they weren't legal so had to be removed. Pretty pointless too considering the wheels can't exactly tuck on the front of a Carry. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Dave

Do you know the guy who owns it Brayden?

Any ideas on what was done with the leaf spring setup when the airbags were put in?

Cheers
Dave
gZerO

Hey, I want to know... trucks with airbags lift a bit in the rear when they take off... do cars with bags do they same thing?
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
Jermaine

same concept pretty much, cars with air bags have different level settings, so it can be at diff heights, were as trucks just have the one height, its more for load and comfyness in trucks i think
gZerO

Nah what I mean is as you engage the clutch the rear bags seem to expand a little bit, making the back of the truck lift, most noticable when starting off, by third you hardly notice it. Kinda like some IRS cars drop down a bit in the back when you stomp it from take off...
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
Dave

I think i know what you mean there...

Airbags on cars are only controlled by a switch box, and the compressor only feeds air to the tank, which only feeds air to the airbags, where as a trucks air tank controls the clutch, seat (if it has an air seat) and airbag suspension if it's got it.

Not sure if that even makes sense haha but it might clear it up a bit.

Cheers
Dave