Help! Too many to decide!!

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
3CylJunkie

Hi!

Im Suzuki hatch mad, and for ever have had a dream of getting one turbo'd up.

Finaly it seems I have my chance.

I have a 1982 Hatch, Manual, body slightly shagged
1985 Hatch, auto with Aircon (Currently removed due to stupidity)

AND a 1988 G10 Alto. (manual F8b)

All have F8b's. I am about to buy a Daihatsu mira. I dont know much about them but the engine supposibly will fit the g10 atleast.

the motor has had over 3k spent on it, (a 550 head on a 1 ltr or something) it is a written off Mira Turbo.

SO What I was wondering, how hard will this be to fit into my Hatch opposed to my Alto? I would love to turn my Automatic into a turbo as the body is sweet with all original everything. Interior is good too. But Will the engine be too big? Ill get more specs on it ASAP, and possibly photo's.

This is going to be a up-comming project within the next few weeks and I would love any advice from the pro's out there!!

Thanks!

PS there will be two F8B's for sale very shortly and possibly a manual conversion Kit if anyone is interested.
Billie

I guess for the fact its from a mira, everything will need to be custom. The usual, drive shafts, engine mounts, wiring, cooling etc etc.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
3CylJunkie

Billie wrote:I guess for the fact its from a mira, everything will need to be custom. The usual, drive shafts, engine mounts, wiring, cooling etc etc.
Yeah I kinda guessed that. I know I can get the engine mounts, the wiring is still in the Mira and I'm hoping the dashes are interchangeable.

(Mira was hit in the front)

My main Q: on that is the CV's. Do they need to be lengthened or shortened?

My bro-in-law and my father are both boilermakers so getting stuff fabricated isn't an issue.

I also was wondering, cant I just change the whole hub unit.(I dont know the right word) Swapping it over from the mira to the hatch?

Thanks for you reply!
Brayden

My advice would be to avoid the unnecessary hassle of fabrication and then getting your arse dragged through Regency Park. Buy a Mira with a stuffed engine and do a straight swap. No fuss, and you'll have something that won't raise an eyebrow like a Daihatsu motor in a Suzuki body.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

+1 with Brayden.

Also not many (if any) people on here have delth with swapping bits from a mira to suzuki hatch/alto. The dash could fit, but then you have the heater controls and all that stuff to work out. Engine sounds interesting.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝