Albury Gathering - 2011

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Husky

Gday Guys,
Just want to say a big thanks from Bec and I for such a great time. Bec is really keen for a MB now and Im keen to get mine going alot harder and looking alot better, all in good time. :) a special thanks to Gavin and Ben for taking me for a ride in there beautiful MB's. Also thanks Tez for organising the weekend.
fantastic to meet such knowledgable people and good guys.
On the way home to Sydney we stopped to see the MB in Dolans bay that was on ebay. What a POS, The guy was kidding himself.
so we will keep looking for a nice one for Bec.
I,d love to organise a Sydney cruise for some time in the not to distant future. I hope some guys are keen.
Cheers :wink:
"SKINS" 8)
Last edited by Husky on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
holk

Another great Albury gathering! Lots of fun, great people and many, many kms in our beloved MBs.
We would have all loved more cars to turn up, but hey, you must have all had better things to do...... :lol:
As far as I am concerned we had a great time, met interesting characters (SKINS!) and enjoyed an old fashioned "Big Donga".....what happens in Albury, stays in Albury.
If you really want to know what I am talking about, be there next year....we will.

And now, a few teasers.
Attachments
Save on parking fees
Save on parking fees
BIG STORE - small cars
BIG STORE - small cars
Sun bathing
Sun bathing
Last edited by holk on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
KEVIN

Well another fantastic Albury gathering come and gone. Many thanks to everyone for helping to make it a great weekend. Great to see the old faces and some really top new people. Hope to see you all there again next year and maybe some more. Big thanks to Tez for the brilliant organization ( AS ALWAYS ) and congratulations to Ben and Louise for the MEGA effort. Shame it had to end so soon. SKINS
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
ToranaGuy

It was a great weekend, aside a couple of niggling issues that some of us had. I persevered and had a great time.

What happens "on tour" stays on Tour, so come along next year & don't miss out!

SKINS!

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Becstella

I have a question ...

"Who owns the green one?" :)

It's Bec here (Mrs Husky) thanking all of you on tour as well .... Learned a lot about the little beasts and very excited to get one of my very own one day soon!
I have him on the job of searching for one already :lol:

Wonderful weekend for both Max and I and we are keen to do it all again very soon!
For now though, it's off to dream about what my future little ute will look like
:zzz:

Bec
KEVIN

Hi Bec Parry The HOLK owns the green one but Gav's trying to buy it cos all the girls love it !! SKINS
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Tez

Hi Guys...

SKINS!!! :D

What a weekend! - met some (now) old friends, and made some new ones.

Had a great time cruising about in Mighty Boys (thanks for the ride Jay!)

Good times with great people.

Friday night was dinner at the pub - good atmosphere, good food and good company. Returned to the park and sat around chatting, only to collectively experience the Dale Phenomenon... (Skins!!!) :lol:

Saturday morning was a short run up to the monument for the obligatory photo shoot, where Ceej lay in wait for our arrival.
IMG_4381a.JPG
Kudos to Ceej who, hasn't got his 'Boy on the road at the moment, but still made the effort to drive down from Wagga to participate in the day's activities. He tagged along with the Mighty Boys on the main cruise and was as welcome as any other members interested enough to turn up (in whatever car) would have been. The big cruise turned out to be a bit of a marathon (outdid myself this time!) It started with a bit of a cruise (~1.75 hrs), we stopped for lunch at Yarrawonga, did a bit more of a cruise(+1.5 hrs), found ourselves back at Yarrawonga again :wink: so stopped for Icecreams and coffees, did some more cruising (+1.5 hr) and were home. (Sounds easy if you say it fast - maybe I'll drop the extended bit out if we ever repeat that cruise in the future - It ended up being a long haul even for the likes of me!)

Saturday evening more members arrived about 6:00pm and brought along a big surprise...

Saturday night was a collective Donga-fest:
IMG_4441a.JPG
and then more chatting before a quick run into town for Coffees at about 9:00pm...

Some laps of downtown Albury before retiring to the park again for more chatting and then Bed...
IMG_4467a.JPG
IMG_4482b.JPG
IMG_4491a.JPG
IMG_4497a.JPG
IMG_4500a.JPG
IMG_4504a.JPG
Sunday morning we had elected to bug out early - some members having "things to do" at home later that day.
The plan was to leave at 7:30am... but as is the way, whenever Mighty Boy owners congregate, they start chatting and then all bets are off! :D
I think we eventually got away about 8:30am... and had a leisurly cruise back down the Hume toward Melbourne:
IMG_4539a.JPG
We had a nice stop in Bonnie Doon on our way through, where some of us split off to take a more direct route home, whilst others continued on our way... I got home evetually at about 3:00pm I think.

Another great weekend made good by the company.

Might Boy people are just the best.

SKINS!!!

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
mini_kompressor

Well what can i say that hasnt already been said, bloody fantastic :thumbup1: . Great to meet new faces for us, Max and Bec, glad you are both really enthused. Its meets and greets like this that make it all worth while. Big thanks to Tez :clap: for organizing the event. Shame we missed DALE, but im sure there's enough video and pic footage floating around that someone will post something on here. :snigger: . Louise's MB, which we only got rego,d on wednesday, made it there and back no worries ( i cant get her out of it now, she just asked me if we can use it this morning to go to work in :lol: ) so im glad that part of the surprise went without a hitch. So people, next year more MB's, no excuses, no "cant go then because" crap, its on! Just be there. Just do it! :lol: Its a great weekend that just cant be missed. Great people, great place, great Mb's. SKINS!!!!
Becstella

KEVIN wrote:Hi Bec Parry The HOLK owns the green one but Gav's trying to buy it cos all the girls love it !! SKINS

"Skins!" :snigger:
Brayden

Hey guys, glad the cruise was another successful one. I was in Albury on Sunday and called by the park but after reading what time you all left it is no surprise I couldn't find anyone. :lol:

Did Ceej remember the stickers to hand out?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Ceej did remember, I will be putting mine on in the morning
Cheers :)
ceej

Once again I would like to thank Tez for putting so much time and effort in to making this cruise happen. And even though car numbers were low (they did seem to grow as the day went on), and unfortunately you yourself couldn't bring your ute up, you were still very optimistic and enthusiastic about making the cruise a success. I commend you. Hopefully next year we can get a few more people to take up your offer of a great time with a great bunch of people.

To the rest of the group, it was such a pleasure to meet you all. Thanks to you guys I have spent most of my free time over the last couple of days contemplating what direction to take my ute. The time and dedication that you put in has made me want to pick up my game and I can't wait till I get the time/space to do so! Thank you, and thank you again. I already can't wait to catch up with you again.

Here is a small sample of the hundreds of pictures I took. I will slowly keep going through sorting them out and hopefully get more to post up in the coming weeks.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Garry. Nuff sed!
KEVIN

BONNIE DOON ON THE WAY HOME HOW'S THE SERENITY
Attachments
1301183347206.jpg
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
holk

KEVIN wrote: HOW'S THE SERENITY