FUEL QUESTION

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
suzzi1

hey guys says online that a 83 suzuki hatch runs leaded petrol, is this true or do u guys use unleaded??
gadj

Leaded fuel is no longer available. You can use unleaded, preferably the higher octane/premium fuels but definitely stay away from ANY ethanol content. E10 & other ethanol content will kill the Hatch just as it did my MightyBoy. Carburettor engines don't like ethanol but it is fine in most EFI vehicles.
Do not use ethanol content fuels for mowers or any other outdoor power equipment either & it does not store well, absorbs water (ethanol & methylated spirit are the same).
There are a number of lead substitutes available Lucas & Moreys do upper cylinder lubricants that can be added to the fuel tank just before you fill up. there are a lot of other products as well that claim to reduce emissions/boost economy etc.
My experience suggests the Lucas product is benificial when added regularly (instructions on bottle). I have no experience with others.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
mowog

pretty well everything with an alloy head has hardened seats and valves and will happily run on unleaded. just be sure the octane is right as some earlier engines were higher compression and don't like standard unleaded.