supercharger, or a weber setup?

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
j-six

Hi mates,

which is more feasible and has lesser problems in installing?

1. install a supercharger (using the f5a's supercharger) and install it to the f10a?

2. convert the whole intake system to a weber carb set-up?

has anyone made one yet?

goal is for more performance :)

engine: f10a.
[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/cjjayson/jsix_banner.gif[/img]
Brayden

Fitting a weber carb would be FAR easier than a supercharger setup. Only thing is that you need a side-draught carb. Not sure if Weber make those, but Stromberg do.

Other option is to use quad carbs off a bike!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
j-six

Brayden wrote:Fitting a weber carb would be FAR easier than a supercharger setup. Only thing is that you need a side-draught carb. Not sure if Weber make those, but Stromberg do.

Other option is to use quad carbs off a bike!
hahaha!!! hmm brayden, any materials you'd think i would need if i'd go for the ITB style side-draught carb?

btw, i think weber did produce side draught type carbs, a replacement for mikuni side-draught carbs the f10a uses:

[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r223/cjjayson/jsix_banner.gif[/img]
Brayden

Oh yes, I forgot about the DCOE Weber carbs. Assuming you could jet them down far enough you could use them.

Bike carbs would be good, but I'm not sure how they would affect the torque of an F10A. Something around the 30mm mark would be okay at a guess. Then you'd just need to modify a standard manifold to fit them.
bangbus

to fit the DCOE how would u go about modifying the intake manifold?
real cars dont power front wheels they LIFT them
Brayden

Make an alloy flange plate to suit the carb, cut the plenum off at the end of the runners and weld up an adaptor to mate the two together from some alloy pipe.
gadj

Runner length will have a bearing on torque & power. Wish I could help with how to work out ideal lenth. Some of the later performance cars had variable length runners to make the most of things.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..