tyres

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
suzzi1

hey

does anyone know where i can find tyres to fit a suzuki hatch.

i either want low profile to fit 13 by 5.5's or low profile to fit 14 by 6

cant seem to find tyres anywhere.

thanks for help.
nelpd96

Simex do a 165/55/14 I have some that I am running on my MB. You should be able to get away with a 60 profile in a 13 inch I would have though maybe something like a 175/60 or there abouts.

Cheers
Paul
Brayden

If you want low profile for 13" then 175/50 Yokohama or Simex tyres are your best bet. Pirelli make a 175/50 for 14".
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Husky

Yokohama do a 165/55/14 and Nankang do a "toursport 611" 165/55/13
Im running the Nankangs.
suzzi1

so,

where do you guys go to get these tyres in the sydney area?

cheers.
Husky

Think outside the sqaure :-o
Ring the importer/distributor and tell them what size and why you want them.(not a usual size in dealers stock) They usually will be happy to assist. They will ship them to a nearby dealer in your area that they deal with. :thumbup2:
Trav

Action Wheels & Tyres in South Windsor, western Sydney sells the 165/55 14 Simex tyres for a pretty good price. I got four ROH Shift-R rims and Simex tyres from them for $850 last year. You should be able to find a tyre dealer in your area that will sell a tyre that fits. Just stear clear of the 'big name' compaines as they only really deal with 'normal' sizes.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Brayden

Trav that isn't entirely true. My local Bob Jane are only too happy to source whatever odd tyre size their suppliers can provide. 8) It might take them a few calls but they seem intrigued when I walk in asking about some exotic tyre size.
Husky

Brayden wrote:Trav that isn't entirely true. My local Bob Jane are only too happy to source whatever odd tyre size their suppliers can provide. 8) It might take them a few calls but they seem intrigued when I walk in asking about some exotic tyre size.
I agree, When I have asked my local Bridgestone tyre place they are happy to help :)
Trav

Fair enough, I guess you can only go and ask. The hardest thing is finding a company that makes a tyre in the size and style you want. Especially when fitting to an MB. Once you know the brands though, your onto a winner. Like anything, once you go a little out of the ordinary, or a bit performance (and then add those two together) it can be a bit hard to track parts down.

When I was looking for my 14" rims, the guy at Action Wheels was really good and suggested a tyre straight up. Didn't bother looking after that. :)
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Brayden

The best thing you can do is use ike's wheel/tyre size calculator to figure out what size you need, then search the intertubes for manufacturers that make that size. Armed with that info, find a tyre shop who is happy to find a supplier to get them delivered.
holk

Another option for 165 55 14 is Falken ZIEX
IMG_0397.JPG
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]