supercharged carry carby problems

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
taypav011

hey guys ive supercharged my carry has f10a, with the standard carby it is gettin 15psi before the carby but 5psi is coming out of the carby, standard carby is to small, anyone know of a side draught carby that would be big enought, has a fuel pumper set up and a solid enough float to handle boost
any info would be great
NozMonkeys

Thought about going to fuel injected? Or single point injection? Then you can tune it exactly how you want.
taypav011

how would i go about that ?
thanks mate
NozMonkeys

A little bit of work but could be worth it. Cheapest EFI controller out (that I know of) is a megasquirt.

You then need to modify an injector into the throttle body, or 4 injectors into each cylinder before the valves.

You'd need a distributor that has an electronic signal such as a Variable Reluctor, hall effect or photo optic sensor in it to pick up where the cam position is. There is also a sensor which bolts onto your crank pulley which can also be used as a crank angle sensor.

Then make a wiring loom to your computer and start tuning.

I've got one in my van and I've been tuning it the last few days and its almost as powerful as the old computer and I'm still running it very rich and retarded ignition.

Are you going to do any internals or just hope for the best that it doesn't blow?
Trav

NozMonkeys, which model of Megasquirt do you have? I've just started looking at these to put on my F8B.

You don't need to mod your distributor with the Megasquirt as it can be triggered from the negative terminal of your coil. You only realy need to worry about crank position if you start using the ECU to controll ignition timing.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
grant4561

I know of a couple of people that have used an old XF (I think) Ford single point injection setup.
It's pretty basic and bolts onto a standard 2 barrel webber carbie adaptor plate.
NozMonkeys

MS1 029y Basic and most cheapest. Even the circuit board looks basic.

I've got mine running batch injection which means all injectors fire at once. If I want sequential I have to get a crank angle sensor that can sense where number 1 cylinder tdc is. Which I eventually will do.

So far I've got it running the same power level as the standard ECU with a few ups and downs in the fuel map that need ironing out, then I can move onto ignition timing etc.

Single point injection is easier to install but is less effective in the long run as compared to multi.

You can just run the injection side and keep the standard spark setup but with a super charger I would want to adjust my spark to retard it as more boost comes on.
taypav011

i was hoping to find another carby an just mount it on
rfburns

Look for SU carburettor (I have a wanted ad up at the moment for one). Simple carby that can be as efficient as EFI (select size carefully and you won't need to do anything) the SU however does NOT have an accelerator pump and this can give slight lag.
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it...OR LEAVE!