update on the super"charged"carry

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
hongster

soooon to be unveiled

its a ute by the way... just incase you were thinking "where is the rest of the body?"
kensvan

Hi,did you buy the seats off me,if not there is another ute in broken hill which i will get pics of when i get parts for my mk1 transit(1973) if you get sick of your ute i could buy it.good for my handy man stuff.it looks very neet and clean...ken
i love my van
Jake.G

i thought you got rid of the supercharger and sold this ages ago? dont know why i thoguht that? haha

new wheels look so good. is it lowered? do you plan on lowering it?
zookieboi

mine looks just like this. except its the 4wheel drive model.
are those ssr mk 3's?
ive got a set of hoshino impul's and work equip 01's they are 2 and 2 go well toghether. 14x 6.5's.
more pics dude looks mad.
hongster

still going but very slow due to having a kid,,, fitted some fender flares which look good (in my opinon)

will post some more photos of my charade turbo carby when i cut a little bit of a hole in my tray and get it the fuel pump / reg set correctly... also the steering idler bushing needs replacing...
gZerO

what's the specs on your mags, and where'd you get them? :O finding light, workable size/offset mags for carry's is a bitch...
There is a very thin line between 'hardcore' and 'totally insane.'
taypav011

hey mate, what carby set up do you have with the blower ?
hongster

charade turbo carby,,(which was quiet hard to find which hoses went were etc) i originaly had a su hif carb 1,3/4 which are great but i couldnt be bother stuffing around with rejetting/needleing it so i sold it when i found the charade unit... (if anyone has a charade turbo carby manual that would be sweet) i am thingking about boxing up the stock carb just for fun and fit that just to see how it go's
kcarking

Blower into carby is not the most efficient way to supercharge the engine. Carby needs to be placed upstream so you can control blower intake flow plus has the bonus of some cooling.

blowers charge the intake, with the blower intake fully open it causes extra load on engine at lower revs thus using more fuel.

You would be better off/cheaper using your standard carby/fuel pump and make up a little extra tubing to place carby upstream.
hongster

yeah i have the carby sitting just rear of the cabin which is why ive cut out a bit of the tray so it can sit higher but basically as you said its there so i can get some tubing to all the bits,,, im looking at a cheap small intercooler and putting it on the side of the tray like these dudes did years and years ago (more than likely john i will need to buy some silicon hoses off you)

goto-
http://www.jarnokalliomaki.com/

then find
kuvagalery tab, then click suzuki projecti

and look through the pages
Last edited by hongster on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hongster