f5a water pump, cam belt, head gasket

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
steve81

Im searching for f5a water pump, cam belt and vrs kit for f5a carry. Amazingly, Repco and 6 different suzuki outlets all tell me they cannot get the parts! Does anyone have any contacts for these parts or the actual parts??

The power is obviously dismal from this motor...will any heads bolt onto the f5a block?
Brayden

F5A Carry? I assume it is an import Every? If so you should get away with parts to suit a MightyBoy/Hatch/Alto F5A.

If you want more power then forget about the head and get an F8B bottom end. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
steve81

thanks!
yeah it's an import carry ute, might be every but has "carry tc" on the front! I'll order under an alto or mighty boy and just make sure i can return them!

So, f8b bottom end...i am niave and i am sure this has been asked a million times before, will that bolt in easily, I'm just after a simple conversion, figured the head would be easy enough.
Brayden

Head work is a bit of a WOFTAM on a 543cc motor. If you were to get an F8B bottom end and use the oil pickup, sump and top end from the current motor it would net a decent increase in power. If your motor is N/A then you could use the F8B head as well, with some small mods to ensure the oil distribution is right.

Of course this is just my theory based on working with F series engines. There are always hidden snags when dealing with import vehicles but I would only expect them to be minor. If you have to strip your current motor then you might as well pick up an F8B and compare parts, see what will fit and what won't.
steve81

Thanks for all the info, appreciated.

I might see if I can find a f8 and take your advice and see what fits...while i am there maybe a charade turbo carby and rhb5 snail might find it's way into the engine bay too, i figure if im going to all the effort!
Brayden

Well in that case the other option is to import an F6A turbo from a DA51V Suzuki Every. As long as you get the wiring harness and ECU (or are prepared to go aftermarket) you have a boosted engine ready to plonk in.