What size Air Pod for F8A Carby does any one have Pod Pics ?

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
bigglesworth

Hi Guys just wondering if anyof you guys have pictures of the air intake pods you have
put on your Carby's and alos wondering what size neck works best i was thinking 48 or 52mm but am not sure! :)
supervan

hey mate ive done a pod intake on my supercarry :snigger:

ill check what size sillicon hose i used and let ya no...
Attachments
progress 008.JPG
PIC_0151.JPG
PIC_0152.JPG
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
bigglesworth

hey thats really cool i bet it gives it that little bit more power hey looks sick!
Brayden

I've run my Carry with no filter at all and didn't notice a lick of difference besides the engine intake being louder.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gadj

I'm no expert on the matter, however I have some training in flow characteristics of fluid in pipe. Gasses have essentially the same characteristics excepting they can be compressed where fluids cannot.

The carby flange/neck is a fair indication of size for a short run but if you want the pod further from the carby a slight increase in diameter will be a good idea.

One way to work out pod size will simply be to see what is written on the package relating to engine size / air flow capability. If no reference to eng. size & air flow is needed, I think the formula is capacity in cubic inches x RPM (where it's making best power)divided by 4567. alternate formula is displacement squared - 15% I can't say either will give more than a ball park result & the first formula is a rather rusty memory so could be flawed.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
supervan

thanks mate

yeh it gives no more power at all it just sounds cool and looks good.

and the big plus is that every time you service the little van you wont have to replace the air filter. just pop the pod of and wash it and put it back on :thumbup1:

i will measure the silicon hose tomorrow and let you no what size you will need i think its somthing like 2" into a 2.5" with a 45 angle

all up it cost me $50 for the pod and hose from supercheap

also this was the only size pod and hose that would fit nice

cheers....
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
bigglesworth

Hey thanks allot for that that would be much appreciated ! :)