F10A to G13B

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
dan_gsy

Hi there!

I've got a 1997 SuperCarry with the F10A engine and fancy giving her a bit more power. How easy would it be to swap for the 1.3 litre G13B engine and gearbox from the later Carry/ Every? Or maybe even bolt the G13B onto the F10A gearbox?

Cheers!
Brayden

F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
VWCarry

Hi there,

How did your F10A to G13B worked out?

I am driving a F10A 4speed '92 Carry.
I hear from my mechanic that the later G13BB 5speed '99-'06 Carry could give me a easy time for doing a engine and transmission swap. I intend to swap as many parts as possible, so would really appreciate all the experts advise here.

I have seen alot of engine swaps on the Supercarry, but no one is doing the G13BB. Starting to worry me as I have one '99 Carry sitting in my garage awaiting instructions.

Any advise/help/comment would be great appreciated.

Cheers.
Brayden

VWCarry wrote: I hear from my mechanic that the later G13BB 5speed '99-'06 Carry could give me a easy time for doing a engine and transmission swap.
Depends on your definition of "easy time". If you don't mind fabricating engine/gearbox mounts and cradles, splicing wiring looms, upgrading fuel pump/tank, making a new exhaust and sourcing a shortened tailshaft then the job is easy! If you plan on using the 99 rear end then it will also need to be shortened to suit the narrow track of the 92.

Then of course you need an engineer to approve the conversion.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
VWCarry

Planning to plant the whole of the '99 over to the '92...
Taken a few measurements, and it seems like its possible...

I pretty sure somewhere down the road, i will need to fabricate some parts, but i hope they are not too obvious so i can keep it on the road...

The axle and shaft is a must-do, as the '99 is a bigger vehicle...
I just hope i dont have to cut up too much of the vehicle...

Thanks! :)