help needed clutch

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
lazeboy_2003

hey guys i managed to put my gearbox onto my new old motor but im no mechanic and am starting to think i went wrong somewhere. i followed the steps in the workshop manual. but for some reason i think there isnt enough play in the clutch lever on the box. would anyone be able to tell me how much it is spose to move when depressed??
any help is much appreciated
Brayden

lazeboy_2003 wrote: would anyone be able to tell me how much it is spose to move when depressed??
The clutch pedal should go down to the firewall when depressed.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
lazeboy_2003

i havent actually got the engine and box back in the car yet. i sort of meant the lever on the gear box how much should that move. i dont want to put it back in unless i know i have fitted the clutch and gearbox properly?
Brayden

The clutch lever should have about 10-15mm of slack movement, which you adjust up with the cable. Any more than that and you probably have the wrong clutch installed.
lazeboy_2003

i think i may have been able to explain it better.
i have removed the block and gearbox from the mb minus head and carb. i have a 2nd hand f5a motor bought off these forums to put in. so i removed the gearbox and clutch from the old broken block then aligned the clutch and the gearbox on the new motor which all bolted up smoothly. i still have it out of the car and i was trying to check if i did it all correctly. by pushing the clutch lever on the gearbox with my hand it only moves about 10mm maybe more. i was curious to know if you get your whole pedal of movement through your cable and the lever only moves a small distance to allow the clutch to engage?
thanks
Brayden

As I said, you should get about 10mm of slack movement in the lever. You can't engage the clutch by hand (unless you have arms like tree trunks), but once hooked up to the cable you adjust up the slack and then you get another 20mm of movement (engagement) through the clutch pedal.