Hi i am looking at buying a 1976 carry van with 40000 klm

Suzuki van tech question and answers.
jamiec

Hi am thinking about buying a suzuki carry van year 1976 been in storage over ten years with only 40000 klm from new the pics i have seen show this car is in excelent condition it is a two stroke. As i know very little about these can you please tell me what i should look out for
such as problem areas etc are they reliable will they evan do 100klm/h also are there many of these vans around these days.
I am located in Australia

Thanks for any help

Jamie
Brayden

Sounds like an excellent buy if you're an enthusiast or collector. They're getting very rare these days, and extremely rare in good condition. Their biggest enemy is rust, and after 35 years chances are you'll need to replace any rubber bushes & hoses, and a whole bunch of other parts that you'll have trouble finding.

I wouldn't buy one if you need a workhorse. You'd only get it up to 100kph if you found a long downhill, or pushed it off a cliff. :lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jamiec

I have always been interested in differant automobiles and when a very origanal and very good condition car turns up like this carry they spark my interest. I have just finnished restoring an 1955 vw bug did an 850 mini before that etc etc. So not affraid of the challenge.No don't need it as a work horse i have the big kia diesel van for that :lol: just like it for something differant to play with. The only rust is a couple of spots on the lower passengers front door. Do these have the same motor as the lj50 4wd?

Thanks
Jamie
Brayden

More or less the same motor, with small variations to suit the application.
jamiec

Ok well i have gone and put down a deposit on this carry :D
now just hope it will be as good as expected :roll: when i go to pick it up in about two weeks. If peaple here are interested? i will keep this thread updated with progress and pics :thumbup1:

Cheers
Jamie
Trav

Yeah, more pics! It's great seeing what people are doing to there toys and it helps keep me motivated. :woot:
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Brayden

jamiec wrote: i will keep this thread updated with progress and pics :thumbup1:
Either that or start a new thread in the "projects" section. ;)
stevan_istheman

Im gonna make an entry on Wikipedia...

Brayden - Yoda of the suzuki world.

haha!
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.